Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
mangurian

Please read my post

[ Edited ]

Please read my post before you respond.........forums don't count.................In the real world, most users haven't a clue about forums like this.

how about an announcement on the symantec home page or an email?

You certainly know how to find our email addresses when it is subscription renewal time.

Message Edited by mangurian on 04-04-2009 11:31 AM
huwyngr
Topics: 1,002
Kudos: 2,724
Solutions: 368

Re: Please read my post

mangurian wrote:

Please read my post before you respond [ ...

Why should I bother if all you can do is be rude?

<< You certainly know how to find our email addresses when it is subscription renewal time. >>

You seem to be under the illusion that I am Symantec if you say that. Stick around a while and when you know how this place works and learn some manners perhaps I'll pay more attention.

Hugh
Contributor
mangurian

:smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
Somethingelse

Re: What would help is for Norton to publish the work-around

huwyngr wrote: ..............

"As for the reluctance to stand up and say "We screwed up" I don't expect this in the menu display problem until they know that they did"

Quote from page 3, 4 down.............

" i did a new vista install on a 2nd hdd with nothing on it but vista ultimate fully updated,

then i installed nis 09, it was ok until nis updated"

----------

I agree that Symantec should go public on this and send out an email to all registered users, even if it was something like...

"since the update, users may have context menu problems. We are looking into this to see if it's Symantec caused, or outside our control."

Remember the people posting here are paying customers, and must be just the tip of the iceburg.

There are many more out there that have no idea that the update caused (or triggered) the problem.

I thought it was one of three other new progs I'd just installed,

it was only when I back tracked that I worked out it was the NIS update to be the problem.

I was lucky, I had an image of Vista to fall back on, and some free time.

Contributor
mangurian

Thank heavens for Google

It got me to the work-around.
Contributor
GasCan

Re: Update messed up my right click options

I was wondering does this problem affect Norton 360 and NAV 2009 or is it only NIS 2009.

Contributor
mangurian

I can only speak to NAV 2009.....yes it does effect it.
Regular Contributor
Dogbert

I've experienced it in both NAV 2009 and NIS 2009
dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,292
Solutions: 263

I can confirm the change in N360 v3.0.0.135(4) also.
Win7 x32 SP1 NIS 21.1.0.18
Contributor
HamsterJam

Well, Symantec (Mike, specifically) did say that they are aware of the right-click context menu graphical issue...

However, that was almost 2 whole weeks ago. Since then, we have not heard a single peep from him (and Symantec). Were they able to reproduce this problem in-house? If so, is this problem being actively worked on? What sort of priority (in terms of fixing it) does this problem have with their programming team? High priority? Low priority? .. or no priority at all? What did they do about this for the past 2 weeks?

At least update us with the progress once in a while, Symantec. Really, how difficult is that?