Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Soolbeat

V GRABBER / SEARCH CONDUIT SPYWARE?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of this hxxp://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3059010&SearchSource=48 ? It has attached itself to Google Chrome it seems, and it opens by default when I start the browser. I think it is some sort of spyware. I see a lot of discussion on the internet with people trying to get rid of it, but no one seems to have a solution. Most sites recommend downloading antispyware programs, but these all conflict with Norton. Surely Norton should be able to get rid of it?

[Edit: Removed link to the potential malicious content to conform with Participation Guidelines  and Terms of Service ]

Spyware Scolder
BullSpit

Re: V GRABBER / SEARCH CONDUIT SPYWARE?

[ Edited ]

Soolbeat wrote:

Does anyone know how to get rid of this <removed> ? It has attached itself to Google Chrome it seems, and it opens by default when I start the browser. I think it is some sort of spyware. I see a lot of discussion on the internet with people trying to get rid of it, but no one seems to have a solution. Most sites recommend downloading antispyware programs, but these all conflict with Norton. Surely Norton should be able to get rid of it?

Get IOBit Uninstaller and run it in safe mode, it will show that conduit and you can get rid of it.

Then get Malwarebytes Antimalware , (free edition) and run a complete scan. There should be no issues between it and your Norton product.

I would also remove Chrome and once the adware is removed, you can reinstall it.

Visitor
Soolbeat

Thank you! I will try that and let you know if it works

Spyware Scolder
BullSpit

Soolbeat wrote:

Thank you! I will try that and let you know if it works

You're welcome and good luck!

Visitor
Soolbeat

[ Edited ]

Okay, I made a huge mess. Now I have at least a half dozen programs that I don't want and my google stuff is gone, including my bookmarks, and that malware software is preventing chrome from reinstalling and there appears to be a whole new spyware  co-opting my browser tabs. 

The new unwanted tab is opening any search as http://www.mysearchresults.com/?c=4502&t=14

Bot Obliterator
Quads

This is what happens, when users get bad instructions,  and in the end make things worse.  

Why use IObit uninstaller??   I have been removing the conduit group in threads for users including browser settings and BHO's and it is quite easy.

Hopefully others read the thread and realise you Don't go in with all guns blazing, without any real information as this thread does not have any, real information on the system or logs.

Conduit is easy to remove, if done by the correct people, and does not harm the system in the above side effect.

Quads