09-29-2011 02:44 PM
Hi - Anybody got a clue about why my previously-functioning VPN connection to the office is no longer working since upgrading to NIS 2012 about an hour ago?
I've tried looking through the exception settings, but nothing really is explicit there.
I'm considering shutting off the Norton firewall, and enabling the Windows firewall as a workaround.
10-01-2011 06:34 AM
did you updated to 2012 from a previous Norton version?
If yes, please try this:
1. If you use the feature, please backup your Identity Safe data
2. Download latest Norton Internet Security installer from here (this is the English one, for other languages please go to the Norton Update Center: www.norton.com/nuc )
3. Download Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
4. Disconnect from internet
5. Remove Norton Internet Security from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
7. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot (repeat it 2-3 times)
8. Install Norton Internet Security 2012
9. Reconnect to the internet
10. Activate it with your old serial
11. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
12. Restore your Identity Safe data
You can check how the Norton Removal Tool works in this video.
Let us know the results.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v18.104.22.168, Norton Utilities 16