11-15-2009 06:49 PM - edited 11-15-2009 07:02 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-15-2009 07:16 PM - edited 11-15-2009 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Which OS and SP do you have? What is the full version of Norton AV 2010?
11-15-2009 07:32 PM - edited 11-15-2009 07:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. I'm running Windows XP for my OS. For Nortons I've got the AntiVirus 2010 with antispyware edition. Hopefully this helps.
When I asked for full version of Norton AV 2010, it was to ensure that you had the latest version from Live Update. Please see this link concerning the Trojan. Also after removing this threat I would also recommend running Malware Bytes to do some further checking of your system and make sure there are no more infections.
Please go to www.malwarebytes.org
1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (mbam-setup.exe) free version and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
5. Click “Finish.” The programme will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the programme before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly choosing a "full scan".
7. When scanning is finished click on “Show Results”
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked with a check mark, click on "Remove Selected".
9. Restart your computer.
Please post the logs back to this thread using "add attchments" below the orange "post" button.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and/or running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on an infected system.
11-15-2009 07:40 PM
11-15-2009 07:43 PM
My partner got this one before so you should be fine. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully including disabling system restore. If you don't do this step you could end up getting re-infected.
I'll be waiting for results.
11-15-2009 11:52 PM
I'm heading off to bed now. I hope things are going ok and I will check back first thing in the morning after I wake up.
11-16-2009 04:55 PM
11-16-2009 06:48 PM
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but I couldn't take the actions last night at that time. I'm taking the steps now and should have the logs ready for you in however long it takes the scans. Thanks for your patience.
No problem, I'll be here when you are ready. I'm usually gone for work for about 10 hours a day and then my sleep time but apart from taht I generally see responses pretty quickly since I get email alerts.
By the way you can always tell if a user is offline by clicking on the user name.
11-16-2009 08:31 PM