08-31-2012 12:53 PM
I have read here that people are also having this problem but with no real fix.
1. Running Windows XP - Running Norton internet security 2012
2. Started getting message "Virus definitions out of date" - reran no fix
3. With software renewal close I tried to use "removal tool but got message that the tool version was out of date"
4. removed Norton internet security 2012 with "add/remove programs"
5. Install a "new" copy of NIS 2012 - Still go the same problem.
6. Definition date is correct and everything seems to be working except for this warning.
7. Is my computer safe?
Solved! Go to Solution.