Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Spindrift

Virus or something else?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is virus-related, but it sure has me baffled. I have two identical notebook computers with the same protection software and same browsers, IE and Firefox. Recently I noticed that with the computer that I'm on now (the other one is unaffected), using Firefox (works fine with IE), I can't access my Yahoo e-mail account. I can get to the home page and then sign in, but then I get this:

Not Found The requested URL /mc/welcome was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch Server at us.mc1302.mail.yahoo.com Port 80

Then when I go to a certain site, using Firefox (works fine with IE) that I've never had any problems with before, I get this:

Panda Cloud Antivirus Safe Search Protection

The page has been blocked as it contains malware or exploits The Web page you are trying to access contains malware and exploits that could infect your computer. We advise you not to continue visiting this page. I understand that visiting the page could infect my computer.

Continue

Your Antivirus or Security Did Not Protect You From This Malicious Page. Protect yourself with Panda Cloud Antivirus.

Full scans on my up-to-date Norton Antivirus 2011 (as well as Malwarebytes) software shows that everything is fine. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,840
Solutions: 779

Re: Virus or something else?

[ Edited ]

Hi Spindrift,

Check in Windows Add/Remove Programs for any Panda programs, such as Panda Safe Browser, or a program called Anti-phishing Domain Advisor, which uses a Panda antiphishing blacklist.  If you find anything, uninstalling it should solve this.

Visitor
Spindrift

Thanks for your input. I checked the programs, additionally searching all files/folders, and nothing like that was found.

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,840
Solutions: 779

What site is giving you this alert?