Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: WARNING!!!! Norton antivirus is by far the worst viruskiller in the world... GOOGLE IT...

Hi

Norton antivirus couses more trouble than viruses worldwide if you have more than a few program on your computer.

LOL, hahaha, When you think of the trouble and fun in removal of some of the Malware maybe you would think differently about that.

If You had say 3 Rootkits, Rogue Security software other Trojans and maybe Virut, I bet you would think differently from your comment.

Quads 

Super Bot Obliterator
bjm_

Re: WARNING!!!! Norton antivirus is by far the worst viruskiller in the world... GOOGLE IT...

Hi reactivate,

> reactivate wrote

also recent checks with anti rootkit software suggest I am rootkit free. <

I also use MBAM and SAS for on-demand scans. Also 100%.   Looking for "anti rootkit software" .  What app do you run for rootkit scan?

Thanks

bjm_

Product Update Announcements  NIS21.5 VistaSP2 FF31 IE9 Compaq A931NR

Rootkit Eradicator

Floating_Red wrote:

reactivate wrote:
I dont think anyone will be taking your post seriously, it is your first post (well under that name anyway) and it is clear you have a grievance with symantec. If you have any clear evidence of your claims, I mean claims made by any respected people in the internet security field, then please by all means post the links to the forum so we can see these claims. Symantec might have made a few **bleep** ups lately in my opinion, but to make false accusations about them is slanderous. Im all for Symantec getting slated when they make **bleep** ups, but your kind of malicious comments is very unhelpful. Just for the record the only problems I have had with Norton 360 is it failing to back up all my files, and of course the Norton IPS issue with firefox which is most annoying. There does not appear to be any issues with any other software I have installed on my computer. Also my computer does not show any signs of having a virus, and malwarebytes anti malware and super anti spyware confirm that there is no malware on my computer, also recent checks with anti rootkit software suggest I am rootkit free. I have never had a virus in the 5 months since I installed norton 360.

I have to agree with this.  symantec's Firewall for Norton Products is one of the best out there, and their Intrusion Prevention is the best out there, in my view; their Intrusion Prevention Scored 100% Blocks in Tests.   As long as you Upgrade to the Newest Version that the Norton Products are made for your Operating System, and you keep it up-to-date, then you will be well-Protected if you use Norton 360, e.g. Version 3, or Norton Internet Security, e.g. 2009.

I would just like to clarify that my Message refers to Norton 360 Version 3 and Norton Internet Security 2009.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Tony_Weiss
Topics: 582
Kudos: 2,113
Solutions: 349

Thank you to all the Norton supporters on this thread. Clearly, this thread was intended elicit a response from the Norton users. Since the original post's claims lack substantiation, this thread is now locked from further posting. While we encourage discussion on the Norton Forums, we also would like the discussion to have data and information to back up any opinions. We want to keep this an intelligent and friendly discussion forum for Norton products and computer security. Thanks for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.
Tony Weiss
Norton Forums Global Community Manager
Symantec Corporation