Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
gan
Contributor
gan

Re: WebEx Remote Program Connected with Norton

[ Edited ]

Just a small comment. If you did a clean install of Windows and installed NIS and Revo uninstaller only there shouldn't be any webex installed unless webex is included with the Revo or NIS installer which is not the case as far as i know. Are you saying that you followed the steps below and did not install any other software?

1. Clean install of Windows (boot from a Windows CD/DVD, delete partition and recreate the partition or a format during the installation process to make sure it's actually a clean install)

2. Installed Revo and checked there is no webex on your computer

3. Installed NIS and now webex are listed in Revo

I also have to add that if you find old user profiles on the computer after a clean install of Windows you must have done something wrong. I have done a lot of clean installations of Windows and never seen that user profiles from the previous installation is to be found. If that is actually the case it would be a support case for Microsoft and not Symantec, but i never ever heard about such a problem after a clean install.

-gan

dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 263

gan -

You said exactly what I was trying to get at.  A format should not leave anything behind, at all.

Win7 x32 SP1
AllenM
Topics: 227
Kudos: 2,164
Solutions: 379

I can't even imagine a clean install leaving behind a user profile. No matter what type of format is done, or even installing to a different partition, this would not be possible. I find it hard to even imagine a bug in Microsoft that would cause this to happen.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19
gan
Contributor
gan

dbrisendine wrote:

gan -

You said exactly what I was trying to get at.  A format should not leave anything behind, at all.

Yes it doesn't make any sense that a clean install will leave user profiles or anything at all behind and it should be like installing Windows on a blank HDD. Also the screenshot provided in the first post show applications installed February 2009 so that is for sure not from a fresh clean install. I wonder how he/she figured NIS is to blame for the webex on a computer that was obviously installed more than 1.5 year ago. It could have come from almost everywhere and the screenshot also says that webex where installed in June 2009.

I wonder how many times NIS or other applicatons have to take the blame for user problems like this. I guess we all make mistakes, but why not choose a bit more humble approach when asking for help/reporting a problem instead of choosing to blame someone/something before knowing the real cause.

-gan

AllenM
Topics: 227
Kudos: 2,164
Solutions: 379

Hi NotPleasedAtAll,

Earlier you said:

I did use chat support services. Mayhaps the technician support installed it and I uninstalled it at some point.

This is where the Webex came from. I must admit I am a little confused too as to what the problem is at this point.

Are you having any current problems with Windows or NIS?

Thanks very much.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19