Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
virusgirai
Accepted Solution

What does Trust Level 64% mean?

NIS 2012

In the lower right in the Advanced View. 

The popup tells me what Trust Level is, but what is the 64% ?

smithy

Re: What does Trust Level 64% mean?

Hi virusgirai welcome to Norton Community forum.

Trust level means that is the percentage of trusted files that are excluded from threat scans to speed up the scan process or just make scans more efficient and take up less time.

Hope that info helps.

Cheers

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”

Spyware Scolder
Cell

The trust levels are pretty low, especially when games are installed. This can be more efficient

Contributor
Davec33

My Trust Level is showing 58% (and I have no games installed).

What I don't understand is that if I do Full Reputation Scan, when it starts it shows "Files to Skip" 58 % , and when it finishes it shows "Files to Skip" 93.5 % ( i.e. there are only a very few files that are marked Good instead of Trusted )

No when I go back to the Advanced menu page it again shows at bottom right "Trust Level 58% "

This level has hardly changed since I installed NIS2012 (sometimes it shows 57% I think)

Spyware Scolder
Cell

Go to Norton Insight:  application ratings and then untrusted files (last option) Even there are some files which are 100% trusted and still they are marked as untrusted. 

Contributor
Davec33

Yes - very strange. I think I have about 50 files in the Untrusted list that are marked "trusted" ??