Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
hcdavis

Win32/Small.CA

My windows manager is telling me that I need to remove Win32/Small.CA "a known virus"...My Norton never even picked it up? Any suggestions?

delphinium
Kudos: 2,955
Solutions: 293

Re: Win32/Small.CA

What antivirus product is Windows manager using to identify the threat?  Two anitvirus products running together can throw false positives, or may consider some things to be threats whereas other products might not.  

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Visitor
MadSmoke

I've found the same. 15-Dec-2011 and am running Norton 360

Windows 7 Action Centre has reported that I need to remove the Win32 small.ca virus

More information here:

http://www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/remove-small-ca

Virus Removal Advice here:

http://www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/remove-win32-small

*** PLEASE NOTE!!!***

I am not sure how reliable the above links are - they are simply a result of a Google search for "win32 small.ca virus"

Visitor
MadSmoke
Visitor
MadSmoke
lmacri
Kudos: 534

[ Edited ]

Hi hcdavis / MadSmoke:

Welcome to the Norton community.

Please see my instructions here in HeyDoubleT's thread Redirected to Wrong Sites for using the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to perform a full system scan.

If MBAM can't remove the malware, flotplot has posted links in that same thread to recommended malware removal forums where you can get expert advice.  I've used the WhatTheTech Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forum myself (see their instructions here for posting HijackThis, OTL and DDS logs) and I was assigned a tech expert that worked with me one-on-one until the problem was resolved.

---------

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * NIS 2011 v. 18.6.0.29 * IE 9.0 * Firefox 8.0.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS