Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
ajohns4600

Windows 8

I have a 3-licence Internet Security 2012 pack with one licence remaining. I could not intall the disc as I have recently upgraded to Windows 8. Installed it from the website instead but now it says the licence is not valid for this product. Any help gratefully received.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,713
Solutions: 368

Re: Windows 8

I suggest you contact the Norton OnLine Customer Support Team via the CHAT link as below since they have the tools and access to the databases to sort out activation matters.

To contact customer support Click on this link https://www.norton.com/chat   and work on from there.

Please let us know how you get on ....

Hugh
Symantec Employee
robertreynolds

[ Edited ]

Hi there - If you created a Norton Account during your initial registration, you should be able to navigate to manage.norton.com from the Windows 8 machine that you want to install. Log in and you'll see an "Install Product" button that you can use. If you have problems though, Hu's suggested support path should get you sorted right out.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,713
Solutions: 368

Robert,

If you were thinking of the Download button which comes down pre-activated I tend to avoid that until I know if the user wants to stick with 2012 or not since that upgrades to 2013 automatically.

And I was wondering why he should get the not valid for this product.  So it seemed simpler to let suppot resolve it.

Good to see you here.

Hugh
Symantec Employee
robertreynolds

No, you're right. Good call Hugh. I was just trying to help out but hadn't thought about that.