Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
tm1
tm1

YOUTUBE VIDEOS WON'T LOAD

I use Norton Internet Security 2012 and my Youtube videos will not load.  The black screen just spins and spins but the video neve plays.  I am using Internet Explorer 9 and have tried to open them with Firefox Mozilla browser also but still doesn't work.  Any suggestions????

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: YOUTUBE VIDEOS WON'T LOAD

tm1 wrote:

I use Norton Internet Security 2012 and my Youtube videos will not load.  The black screen just spins and spins but the video neve plays.  I am using Internet Explorer 9 and have tried to open them with Firefox Mozilla browser also but still doesn't work.  Any suggestions????

Hi trm1,

I don't think there is a problem with NIS2012.  Have you update Adobe Flash Player?  The Current Version should be 11.1.102.55.  You can update from http://www.adobe.com.  Please let us know how you get on.  You may want to uncheck the boxes of any other software offered with the download,  such as McAfee Security Scan.

Thanks, Dave.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Contributor
Baopu

I first noticed a problem with my NIS when I was trying to watch some Youtube videos. They took forever to load and play, although they did end up playing. Is your computer running very slowly too, or just Youtube? Is your Norton product working fine, otherwise?

tm1
tm1

Yes, I have the latest Adobe Flash Player.  And they still won't load.  Any other suggestions??

nikki605
Topics: 14
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 3

I am running NIS 2012 on a Win7 Pro x64 SP1 lenovo laptop and have no problem watching YouTube videos.  Do you have the latest version of Flash player (11.1.102.55) installed?  Do you have the latest video driver installed for your video?

Try this - select a YouTube video to play and while it is loading, right-click on the black video window and in the context menu, select "Settings..."  In the Flash Player Settings window (on the Display tab) "Enable hardware acceleration" is probably checked.  Try un-checking that option and see if the video plays.

--------------------------------------------------
Gary
tm1
tm1

No, I have a brand new computer.  It runs just fine and Norton runs fine too.  My husband's new HP laptop does the same thing but our Dell Laptop is able to play Youtube and they all have Norton.  Although the Dell has Norton Internet 360 and we have the Norton Internet Security 2012.  That's really the only difference.

tm1
tm1

I have tried unchecking the Enable Hardware button and they still won't load -- weird -- I know.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

If nikki605's suggestion doesn't work,  you could uninstal Flash and instal a fresh copy.  Let us know how you get on.

Dave.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

nikki605
Topics: 14
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 3

I would suggest posting your problem on the Adobe Flash user forum in addition to here.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer

Be prepared to post the specific make & model of your laptop, as well as the specific video hardware & software driver version.  I have read several topics over there about conflicts between Flash Player and specific video/driver combinations.

--------------------------------------------------
Gary
SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Hi

What browser are you using?

Try Youtube through Google Chrome, Keep us posted.

http://www.whatbrowser.org/en/browser/