Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Sartori

Yahoo mail problem

[ Edited ]

Hello

My wife started having trouble with Yahoo mail today. When she clicks on the inbox it won't load up the mail messages until you disable Norton Internet Security, then it loads just fine. Enable it and it won't load. Worked last night, didn't work today, nothing was changed at all....

Thanks for any ideas...

I should add, this happens in both IE and Firefox....

Message Edited by Sartori on 06-11-2009 06:04 PM
Phil_D
Topics: 205
Kudos: 2,524
Solutions: 384

Re: Yahoo mail problem

Hello Sartori,

Can you tell us which Norton Product and version (year) you are using?

When you say "disable Norton Internet Security" can you be specific about which component you are disabling?

Do you have any other security software currently installed?

Also, if you can tell us which operating system you are using along with the service pack, that would further help us with diagnosing your issue.

Thanks.

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow

Spam Squasher
pexley

Does NIS have any record of this in the norton history? There should be some record of this that says blocked Yahoo Mail because of               , or a record that says                     was blocked at                  time.
Sartori

Hello

Its Norton Internet Security 2005

I'm right clicking on the icon by the clock and clicking on disable Norton Internet security

No other security software is installed

Win xp sp3, current updates

Phil_D

You could check this Symantec Support Article and follow the steps to see if your issue can be resolved.

I would be remiss if I did not suggest that you consider moving up to NIS 2009, which offers more levels of protection and is lighter on your system resources.

Let us know how you do.

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow

Sartori

There no article there, just some tool to see if I have Internet connection. I have connection just fine, thats not the problem.....
Phil_D

Here is the next page listed as "What if this didn't work?"

Sartori

Okay, privacy control isn't even turned on.....
Phil_D

I'm sorry that the Support Article did not help your problem.

Just a few thoughts on the matter:

1) Since this problem has just occurred and assuming you just updated Windows on Patch Tuesday, there is a possibility that one of the updates may have affected the way NIS 2005 is interacting with your ability to access webmail.

2) I don't remember enough about NIS 2005 to guide you through any further troubleshooting steps.

3) You may be able to get assistance through Customer Support here (Live Chat).

Please let us know how you do with this.

Sartori

Looks like thats what its pointing too alright.....hopefully someone else will chime in here with the same issue....