Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
ADS32

Your compuer has a fix in progress...

My norton seems to be stuck. It says my computer has a fix in progress and it's highlighted light blue like a link but i can't seem to click on it.... The system status says that it is currenyly fixing... the main reason i have a problem with this is because it turned off my Antivirus and Antispyware and also Windows is telling me that my Norton Internet Security is reporting that it is in fact turned off, and when I click turn it on nothing happens... Please help me with this problem, would much appreciate it.

ADS32

Re: Your compuer has a fix in progress...

Bump. need help please.

lmacri
Kudos: 537

Re: Your compuer has a fix in progress...

[ Edited ]

Hi ADS32:

Welcome to the Norton forum.

Could you post back and let us know all the antivirus and antispyware software you have on your system (e.g., AVG Free, McAfee, SuperAntiSpyware, etc.) besides NIS. You should only have one security system running in real-time protection mode to avoid conflicts, and you might have corrupted your NIS installation if it couldn't shut down other security software that was loaded at boot-up during the installation process (see here for more details).

We should be able to provide links to removal tools to wipe your old security software off your system.  Once that's done you'll have to perform a clean re-install of NIS using the Norton Removal Tool (see step-by-step instructions here).

----------

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * NIS 2011 v. 18.6.0.29 * IE 9.0 * Firefox 9.0.1
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS