Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
aliciainAZ

Re: a.exe b.exe c.exe

I ran a scan using the program that Quads recommended.

I have attached the log that was created.

Contributor
aliciainAZ

[ Edited ]

I accidentally skipped over delphinium's suggestion.  I am running that scan but it is taking quite a bit of time.  I will post that log when I am able to get back to that computer.

ETA:  I have attached the GMER log.

Message Edited by aliciainAZ on 07-21-2009 03:17 AM
delphinium
Kudos: 2,955
Solutions: 293

Thanks AliciinAZ:

Only half the GMER ran.  Quads will check the SysProt later today due to time zone differences to make certain you are safe.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Hi

Looks like you had one of the earlier version of the Rootkit family that is resonably easy to remove.

Update and run a Full Scan of Malwarebytes.

Plus Install, update and run a Full Scan with SuperAntispyware Free http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

When the scans come back clean you are you are free. 

Quads 

Contributor
aliciainAZ

I ran MalwareBytes', which found zero items, and SUPERAntiSpyware, which found 26 Adware.Tracking Cookies and one Rootkit.TDSServ-Trace.  They are now in Quarantine.  Do I chose to Remove them even though there is a box that asks if I am sure if I want to remove them from quarantine?  Will that put them back into circulation?  There is also the option to Restore them which I know that I definitely don't want to do.

I am going to run the SuperAntiSpyware scan again just to be sure.  Otherwise, I think this issue is solved.  I will mark it a s such when the second scan results come back empty.

Thank you all for helping me solve this issue!

delphinium
Kudos: 2,955
Solutions: 293

Click remove in the quarantine tab.  That removes them from your system.  Other antimalware may still react to them when they are still in quarantine.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Contributor
aliciainAZ

Thank you to everyone that helped me solve this issue.

I marked Quads' second response as the solution BUT both dbrisendine  and (Quads & Quads) solutions were used to rectify the problem.  I can not mark more than one response as the solution to this one problem so make sure to read all three responses/links if you come across this same issue.

shannons
Topics: 50
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8