Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sheldoncooper
Accepted Solution

can not connect my norton account with my NIS product also not getting One click support

I recently bought a second hand computer.I installed a study related software which can be installed on only one computer and it has time restrictions.The computer was having norton internet security which was i think a cracked version because on every day it says 165 days remaining.So i purchased Norton Internet Security 2011,removed the old cracked one,restarted the computer and Installed the new one.It updated itself with about 150MB updates.Now the problem is that,when i click on the Account link on the Home Interface it failes saying "Make sure you can connect to internet and try again,If the problem persist then try again later".My internet connection is working fine and the live updates is working fine too.Also when I click to Support->Get Support,It again says "We are unable to communicate with one of our servers.Would you like us to attempt to correct this problem by releasing and renewing your IP settings?"And for both yes and no options the screen appears again and again.

I can not reinstall my operatiing system due to that study software mentioned before.So please suggest me solution.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: can not connect my norton account with my NIS product also not getting One click support

Hi Sheldoncooper,

Welcome to Norton Community!

Did you try rebooting/restarting the computer? If not try that first.

If the problem persists, you can try to flush your DNS and resetting the winsock. 

1. Click Start > Run, type  ipconfig /flushdns and click OK.

2. Click Start > Run, type  cmd and click OK.

3. in the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt[Enter]
netsh winsock reset
[Enter]

exit [Enter]

4. Restart the computer. 

Yogesh

Visitor
sheldoncooper

Re: can not connect my norton account with my NIS product also not getting One click support

The first step didn't worked for me.Can you elaborate it again?

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Sheldoncooper,

There is Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop. When you click the Start button, it pops up a menu. From that menu, you need to select Run. Alternatively, you can use Windows button and 'R' button together in your keyboard to bring up the same RUN window.

Yogesh

Visitor
sheldoncooper

No.There is a space between ipconfig and the forword slash.I hadn't typed that.Thats why i was getting error from run command.And thanks.This completely solved my problem.

Thanks once again.