Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
S3ZAi
Accepted Solution

can't use my new code on my laptop

[ Edited ]

Hi,

a few days ago I renewed my license for NIS, everything went fine and today I had an email telling  me my new license number, so I used it on my pc, which went fine, it says I have now 366 days left. But then I wanted to use it on my laptop, but then I got the message: "This subscription renewal code has already been used the maximum number of times allowed". What the heck is going wrong, I was assuming that a 3 license renwel would give me again 3 licenses? At least that was what I was expecting.

I am using my copy of NIS on my desktop pc, my laptop and my netbook and I always liked the fact of having 3 licenses, has the sales policy been changed or something? Sorry if I am asking stupid questions, but I am totally baffled at the moment so was hoping someone could explain...

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: can't use my new code on my laptop

Hi

S3ZAi

Log in to your Norton Account at www.mynortonaccount.com to see what information is currently against your subscription. If the information there does not agree with what you think it should be then please contact Customer Support via the chat option in the following link.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

The web link is for the U.S./Can so if you require a different country/region then please change the location at the top of the customer support web page.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Visitor
S3ZAi

Hi, thanks for your help, I have just checked my norton account and my order is visible there and it tells me I have protection for 3 pc's.

Norton Internet Security
            22-jun-2012       
3                                                pc's                                                                                                                   

Weird. I will contact customer service in the Netherlands.

Spam Squasher
CyberLife

Once you use your Renewal code, that means the subscription information for the Product Key is updated with the Symantec server. So for your second laptop, you just need to reactivate it with your Product Key. Here is how we do that:

1 Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.

2 Start your Norton 2011 product.

3 On the bottom of the Norton product window, click Activate Now or Renew.

4 In the box, type in your Product Key.

5 Click Next or the arrow button.

6 Follow the on-screen instructions.

7 When finished, review your subscription details, and then click DONE.

Your Product Key is a 25 character/digit key, which starts with the letter "J"

CyberLife :)
Visitor
S3ZAi

SILLY ME!!! I just checked my laptop and it somehow already says I have 366 days protection.

It's just amazing, I just checked with my netbook, instead of renew, I clicked on subscription status, it connected to norton and told me I have 366 days remaining, without me needing to input the code. Sheesh, sorry for all the hassle, now I have it working on all 3 my devices. Thank you both for your help! :smileyhappy: