Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
jeromeadrian

changing languange in Norton Anti-Virus

hi. i just bought Norton anti-virus for 3 pc here in italy. 

my friend had already installed one for his pc. and of course it was in italian. But we wanted to install all those nortons in english.

could you give me a link where to download Norton Anti-Virus in english? and also, since my friend had already installed it for a few days, could he still change its language to english? how about his remaining days of subscription?

Regular Contributor
ferenzzz

Re: changing languange in Norton Anti-Virus

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

ferenzzz wrote:

Norton Internet Security 21.2.0.38 Final

Norton AntiVirus 21.2.0.38 Final

They don't seem to take to Norton Symantec sites or am I wrong?

Super Phishing Phryer
Apostolos

[ Edited ]

Hi,

See:  http://us.norton.com/downloads-trial-norton-internet-security 

&

http://us.norton.com/downloads-trial-norton-antivirus?inid=us_hho_topnav_download_detail_nav

You must enter your product key to activate your subscription.

If a licence is already activated in Italian, you should contact Norton Chat and describe your problem, I'm not sure if with the same product key you could activate English versions too.

Regards,

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

[ Edited ]

jeromeadrian wrote:

hi. i just bought Norton anti-virus for 3 pc here in italy. 

my friend had already installed one for his pc. and of course it was in italian. But we wanted to install all those nortons in english.

could you give me a link where to download Norton Anti-Virus in english? and also, since my friend had already installed it for a few days, could he still change its language to english? how about his remaining days of subscription?

Hi jeromeadrian, and welcome!

I'm in Italy too and I also prefer to have my Norton Internet Security in English BUT most times I tried downloading the English version, as soon as the NIS file met my Italian OS it'd turn into Italian.

I solved it by asking help from our local Norton Support.  They know how to get the Norton product to remain in English!

I usually contact them by phone, but I don't know if I can post their telephone number here, anyway you should find it in your NAV documentation. Or you could contact them via Live Chat, clicking on https://www.norton.com/chat .

No problem with changing your friends product, already installed in Italian.  They should be able to help with this as well!   What matters is the subscription validity! :smileywink:

Let us know how things go.

Edit: If you click the chat link, on the right side of the page you will see a "Show local telephone numbers" link...

Super Phishing Phryer
Apostolos

"

No problem with changing your friends product, already installed in Italian.  They should be able to help with this as well!   What matters is the subscription validity! :smileywink: "

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the info, I've learned something new today!!

Keep up the great job!!

Kindest regards,

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

Glad if it can help you too, Apostolos! :smileyhappy:

Super Phishing Phryer
Apostolos

" Glad if it can help you too, Apostolos"

You're welcome Laura and please as soon as you have any info on this: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Safe-Web/td-p/1105240

from your "extra channels" please let us know.

Very best regards,

Super Spam Squasher
hvgsel

ferenzzz wrote:

Ferenzz,

Can you tell us why you used anonymz.com and what is special about it?

We are on a security site and direct links also work.

Regards, Hugo

W8.1 Update 1 / W7-SP1 with IE11 and FF 30, TB 24.6, NIS2013 21.3.0.12 and N360 21.3.0.12, Android 4.2 with NMS 3.8
Phishing Phryer
Sandro_cm

[ Edited ]

hvgsel wrote:

ferenzzz wrote:

Ferenzz,

Can you tell us why you used anonymz.com and what is special about it?

We are on a security site and direct links also work.

Regards, Hugo

Hi hvgsel,

It would be even more appropriate to say that all the installer should only be downloaded from the Symantec site.
Here there are no freeware where the site that makes the software redirects on another because it is free.

Sandro

edit:

Moreover, in this way we are sure that the software has not been handled by others.