Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
HarleyFrank

d.yimg.com

Board: I'm having lots of trouble since I turned off auto-approval for Adobe Flash Player user messages. Every time I play a video from any source (Yahoo, YouTube, CNN, Fox etc....) I get an Adobe Flash Player box asking if I could let "d.yimg.com" store information on my PC. The amount of data storage is small, but it's not gonna happen here. The box keeps asking on each playback, I'm answering 'no', but nothing happens. My Norton question: Is there a Trojan in my PC that's soliciting this 'd.yimg' to store data on my PC? Can I remove this from the registry? Help! I'm sick of these boxes and their requests. Thanks! 

~Frank

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,795
Solutions: 776

Re: d.yimg.com

Hi HarleyFrank,

You should be able to stop the popups for the site in the Flash Player Settings Manager, either by blocking the site and, if availailble, selecting "Never ask again."  What version of Flash Player are you using?  You may be able to get these options by right clicking on the Flash content when you get the yimg prompt.

Contributor
HarleyFrank

Excellent. I'm on it. I'll report back. Thanks very much!

~Frank

Nerimash
Topics: 20
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 5

Hmm, quite strange. YouTube, MSN, doesn't provide pop-up to the user to save any information. Did you have installed 3-d party toolbars and / or browser extensions? Do you have most current version of Flash plugin installed with your browser?

Contributor
HarleyFrank

No toolbars, no IE extensions. I changed an advanced browser setting that requires video players to ask before they can access my PC storage. As soon as I made this change, the requests started on every video I play. If I had left the settings in default mode, these people would have access to store data on my PC without my knowing. Not gonna happen. But I just changed to the 'never ask again' setting. We'll see what happens now. Thanks for the response.

~Frank

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,795
Solutions: 776

What advanced browser setting was that that you changed?

Regular Contributor
donna3154

I'd like to know what was changed, also.  My guess is that it's the option to allow "CD's to run on computer"  and to "allow active content to run in folders".  Perhaps one or both of them.

To those who come on for help...it helps ALL of us, average users like me AND the entire Norton community (those you ask to help you)..if you come back and tell what solved your problem...or if you answer the questions asked of you by the Gurus and others in the community here to help.

I love to browse and bookmark problems, to see what the problem was, what actions may have caused it, and then what solved the problem.  When folks leave the last part out, the solution remains elusive.  Just my 2 cents.

~Donna