Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Debsd

dcwg.org

The associated press had an article today "Hundreds of Thousands may Lose Internet In July" Said to go to this site www.dcwg.org (which has been supposedly oversite by the FBI) to see if your PC gas been infected. I DID NOT. Wouldn't Nortons catch if my PC had been infected by this virus fro this hacker? Please inform me as my computer has been extremely SLOW the past few weeks and I don't know why. Thank you Debbie

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,863
Solutions: 780

Re: dcwg.org

Hi Debsd,

Norton detects DNS Changer as Zlob or Tidserv.  If you haven't been alerted to any malware and the test site indicates that your DNS service is fine, you do not have to worry about this.  See my other post here:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Will-Lose-Internet-in-July/m-p/701503...

shannons
Topics: 51
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8

Visitor
ordas

[ Edited ]

I am a skeptic.  A majority of computer users have this problem of “running slow” Why is it necessary to have the FBI run a check on people’s computers? Why not just have Norton, McAfee, and other companies providing virus protection do the check? [Removed].  Maybe this Dcwg.org site is perfectly harmless, but my question is why not allow Norton and other companies perform this check on everyone’s computer?  

[edit: Removed political content per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

yank
Kudos: 2,250
Solutions: 513

Hi ordas,

From your post, I would say you qualify IMHO as a skeptic.

One question, if one does not have anti-virus protection, then how can Norton, McAfee or other companies check your system?  I would perfer my ISP working with the FBI in doing this task as Comcast does - but gee, it hasn't slowed my system down any????

Visitor
ordas

If you don’t have Anti Virus software on your computer then you don’t have anything in your computer worth the time to collect, and most likely have more viruses you don’t know about.  Good luck

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,863
Solutions: 780

[ Edited ]

You can always check your DNS settings in your PC and router manually.

Visitor
ordas

True