Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
peter38660

do i need to pay for renewal from expire?

[ Edited ]

hello i have got messge that said itz expire and tell me renew it i dont mean to renew i just click and it suddenly got 365 day back i dont know if i have to pay for it my computer come with norton when i bought it i dont write my credit card or anything on my acc . when i go look st my acc from norton wen it got expired in 2011. if i got to pay for it how can i remove the renew? plz replay me i dont want pay the money

AllenM
Topics: 225
Kudos: 2,152
Solutions: 379

Re: do i need to pay for renewal from expire?

Hi peter38660,

Welcome to the Norton Community.

Can you tell us which Norton product you have and the exact version from Help > About? Also what version of Windows do you have and is it 32 or 64 bit?

To remove your credit card from your account, please visit your Norton Account. Then click on the Profile tab after logging in, then choose "Billing Information" and you can remove your credit card information.

If you mistakenly renewed your subscription and were charged you can visit Customer Service and request a refund. Please note this is the link for USA/Canada or you can choose a different language if desired.

If you no longer want to run your Norton security software you should uninstall it from Control panel and then download the Norton removal tool from the following link. Run this twice with a reboot in between each run.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&ssfromlink=true&sprt_cid=963e7e9e-e7...

Please be advised that you should run some sort of security software. Do you have other security software you plan to install after removing your Norton product?

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.3.0.12
Contributor
peter38660

[ Edited ]

thx for helping umm i got norton internet security and i think itz 16.8.0.41 , i got vista itz 64bit i dont got any information in billing information so should needp ay for not? sry my english is not so good

Contributor
peter38660

can anyone come help me out plz i need to know where is place that i can look for the amount of money i need to pay and ig i really need to pay or not

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

https://www.mynortonaccount.com/amsweb/default.do can you check with mynortonaccount to see if you have renewed your product or not. If fact, unless you have auto renewal on, Norton should renew without confirming you. Also with auto renewal on. Norton should have sent an email telling that your credit card will be charged.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Contributor
peter38660

itZ got renewed but i dont write in my credit card or anything on it if it renewed where can i see the price and whice credit card did it sent to ?

AllenM

peter38660 wrote:

itZ got renewed but i dont write in my credit card or anything on it if it renewed where can i see the price and whice credit card did it sent to ?

HI peter38660,

Did you check your Norton Account as I outlined earlier? The instructions in my post spells out step by step how to verify what / if any credit card information you have on file.

If there is no credit card information stored in your account then you could not have been charged anything.

You credit card cannot be billed except in two circumstances:

1. You have credit card information on file and auto-renewal is enabled.

2. You purchase a subscription and supply your credit card information.

Also how many days of subscription does the main NIS window show? This will be at the bottom of the screen.

Lastly, the version of NIS you have is 2009 which is way out of date - by two years.

I had asked before, what security software do you intend to run on your computer?

You said you do not want to pay for NIS. However if your subscription expires it will NOT be protecting you any longer. So you need to have some sort of security software.

Please let us know your intentions so we can help you to get NIS cleaned off your computer properly if you plan to run some other security software instead.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Contributor
peter38660

[ Edited ]

hello agian there are no information in my Billing Information the nis show 365day i dont know any secuit softwave i just got norton that come alone with computer i just got expire today i got meassge said it expire and it tell me renew i just click ok for fun and it got 365 day new i dont know if i got to pay for it my sis have a older norton then me but it expire too but he cant renew , anyway my sis maybe have norton acc too , will  it related  to this norton computer ? where is the payment going to sent to the internet bill or it realed to the internet bill credit card acc or the credit card that bought the computer or it sent me letter that tell me pay. anyway if i need to pay how many that that i can cancel the payment?

AllenM

Hi peter38660,

Did you supply your credit card information? You could not have been charged if you did not supply a credit card number or have a credit card in your Norton Account.

If your sister and you share the same household and if you purchase a 3 computer license, then both computers can be on the same account.

I think your best bet is to contact Customer Service. Please let me know which language you need and I will supply a direct link to Customer service in that language.

Best wishes.

Allen

Contributor
peter38660

[ Edited ]

itz say Expiration Date is Nov 26, 2011  Protection For 3 PCs Remaining Activations 2 PCs                    but i dont see any credit card acc in my acc so do i still have to pay?????? and itz Registration Date Aug 27, 2009   let make it simple  in my acc it said i product norton internet but the billing information dont have my credit card and no address so do i still have to pay?