04-25-2013 07:36 AM
I have decided to start a new message on the same topic due to the cluttering of replies and the problem not being solved. It seems to be hiding.
So here is MY problem. Everythings on the table.
Yesterday, i had 2 attacks (blocked by norton apparently) g01pack toolkit website 3.
Every 30-60 seconds, upon opening my browser, opt_content.js and opt_content.js is being quarantined/blocked. I am assuming its being downloaded continuously.
Browse to save has infected my computer as well.
What i am using:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Toolbars disabled, pop-ups disabled (always)
Java update. Windows update.
I stream movies and tv-shows online, though no ads actually pop up, as i have it disabled.
Other users have access to laptop, they know not to download anything.
Steps i have taken to attempt to resolve the problem:
-Used power eraser
-Full system scan
-Went to manage add-ons: Will not let me disable SaveAs
-Searched control panel and my files for all the names in previous thread.
-Searched control panel for ANY suspicious program. And there is nothing.
All of this to no avail.. Anything i have missed? Suggestions? Is there a list of stupid names of files i can see to sift through my entire pc?
I tried the Norton Chat. All he did was try to sell me services! NO help at all. I really don't have the money to shell out when i am already paying enough for 360.
I can usually nip these things in the butt, but this one is tough. So frustrated right now.
Commenters please refrain from saying you have the same problem in a vague manner. Thank you :)
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-25-2013 07:52 AM
Have you tried using something like CCleaner to remove all of you temporary internet files? MAybe followed up byt something like Malwarebytes (I am aware of Norton not liking it) or SUPERAntiSpyware? You can install either of both and run the free version. Or maybe Hitman Pro, or some other similar tool?
04-25-2013 08:12 AM
You know what.. im giving in to your suggestion, even though i hate downloading programs.. usually i can find my own problems manually(takes longer but whatever).. but i'm getting pretty desparate, and it seems to be the only thing left i can do. Used up 3 days of free time on this crap. It's currently scanning for problems and already found a few, i will update further in a little bit. Thanks
04-25-2013 09:01 PM
You can also go to one of the free malware cleaning websites. They will have the proper tools and trained removal technicians who will help you on a 1 to 1 basis and tell you what tools to use safely.
Please go to one of these free Forums for help in removing your bad malware or rootkits.
(Thanks to Delph for providing the list of sites)
Please sign up with one of them and let us know what happens. We at the present time do not clean malware on the proper 1 to 1 basis. Thankx
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
04-26-2013 03:01 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. i had also tried those websites when i first had the problem and could not get any information.
being in a rush the day i made this topic, i decided to try malwarebytes cause it was free/convenient and let it run the whole day while i was at work.. it definitely did the trick and i have no trace of the bugs anymore. sorry if you guys dont like it lol.
for anyone else having the same problem i would try all the things above before downloading free content as there's always a risk.. malwarebytes has a tendency to freeze so it might not be for you :)
04-30-2013 02:55 AM
Might sound silly I went into remove programs and saw one unfamiliar one called "getlyrics" which no doubt my grandson loaded as a music geek, I removed it and up until now I haven't had a message about opt_content[1}.js. You might want to check this out. Good luck !!!
04-30-2013 05:57 PM
Also occured with flash player update. My solution was to reset internet explorer in internet options/advanced and it stopped.
05-03-2013 06:50 PM
TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM GO TO INTERNET EXPLORER OPEN TOOLS THEN GO TO ADD-ONS AND DISABLE THE FILE THAT SAYS GETSAVIN5.0 THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE OPT_CONTENT ERROR THAT MOST OF US HAVE BEEN GETTING FROM NORTON