Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Frunsel

Re: it is happening again, Live update

Same problems with Norton Activity Map Data (several times this evening) but the last update (23:30 GMT+1) was successfull.

Frunsel

P.S. earlier this evening I noticed somethine odd with the live update. It completed successfully but the text was in red.

NIS2012_Live_Update.jpg

Spyware Scolder
jarrycanada

updates work.JPG

It's working again, thanks...

Super Phishing Phryer
Apostolos

Hi,

Great work!!

Norton activity map data works now BUT Web protections defs do not want to work.

I guess that when web defs will work after some hours another LU component will not download.

To be continued....

LX3
Contributor
LX3

My   NIS 2012 is failing on  2012 IPS Definitions now  !!!! Grrrr,

Regular Contributor
db13

I'm seeing a failure now on Web Protection definitions and IPS definitions...Both failed to complete.

Contributor
bmaxxd

Norton 2012 Web Protection Definitions, Smart Virus Definitions X64, IPS Definitions & Norton Activity Map Date Failed to complete. 4 out of 4 updates failed yet the status still shows Completed.
Regular Contributor
macinwwwv

Tony--

As requested, I've moved from the previous thread on this subject.  But the problem persists, pretty much the way it has been for a couple of months now.  One or more updates will fail (usually the Activity Map, but often others as well--Pulse updates never seem to fail).  Run again in a few minutes, and it will sometimes succeed, but often takes several tries over a period of a half hour or more.  Will go a few days, and I think maybe it's fixed, but then it appears again, pretty much randomly.  Do they have any idea at all what is causing this?  The workaround (repeated tries) seems to work, but is a real nuisance.

Contributor
jman4

I am having a different LU problem, this one on NIS 2010

The Norton 2010 Web Protection Definitions failed to complete.

I have not updated this machine in about 14 days, so I don't know if the problem started in the last few days or not.

floplot
Topics: 210
Kudos: 2,015
Solutions: 361

Hello

I've had like 1 completely successful live update in the last 11 hours approximately.  Different parts have failed, not always the same part. Reboots and repeated manual updates don't manage to get them all updated this time. Automatic or manual updates don't seem to help. Just updated to NIS 2012 on Sat. afternoon. Clean install from NIS 2011.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Contributor
jman4

Update worked this time. The only difference I could find on my end was that I installed and enabled the Adobe Flash Player. Could that be involved somehow?