Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
herbie74

malware & PUP

I found the same problem I am having on the thread Unwanted pop ups written 19-06-2013

Visitor
dadret

Lately every time I open a web site I get a popup for a "recommended download" of a new "player" (no more definition) and its coming from a web address www . bizcoaching . info that I traced to a company in Spain called Tuggu.  Some posts on other website state this is actually malware masquerading as Adobe Player.  My question is how do I prevent this popup?  Nothing seems to work - my popup blocker is on and I have blocked the website in IE but I still get it.

I would really appreciate your help with this

thanks in advance for your time

Herbie

Regular Contributor
ferenzzz

Re: malware & PUP

[ Edited ]

Download these 3 programs and install them, execute them:

-HitmanPro - Choose 32 bit or 64 bit: http://www.surfright.nl/en/products

-MalwareBytes AntiMalware: [removed]

-SuperAntiSpyware: [removed]

Run these programs seperatly, and see if they find something...

[edit: removed links to .exe files per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please link to pages that reference the files, not the .exe files themselves.]

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,861
Solutions: 379

Herbie,

Before you download anything as suggested or run anything please wait for our malware expert Quads -- who lives in a very different time-zone -- to comment since if you do anything to try to fix the problem he very often cannot help you in the special malware forum we have here because doing that changes the baseline for him.

Hugh
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Good Luck with