Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
dawidfrieskee

norton acting weird

so i downloaded a norton 2012 Interner Security trial version from your website installed it and downloaded all updates. but i got some serius problems. whenever i open norton the Norton Internet Security window pops up but its almost tottaly see-through and has some funky pinkish colors that changes if i click on anything. (i attach a screenshot of my desktop with open NIS window)
Its super weird and makes it kinda unuseable. reinstals doesnt help out did it like 3 times already and allways same thing happens. Do you have any ideas how could i fix it?

dickevans

Re: norton acting weird

dawidfrieskee wrote:

so i downloaded a norton 2012 Interner Security trial version from your website installed it and downloaded all updates. but i got some serius problems. whenever i open norton the Norton Internet Security window pops up but its almost tottaly see-through and has some funky pinkish colors that changes if i click on anything. (i attach a screenshot of my desktop with open NIS window)
Its super weird and makes it kinda unuseable. reinstals doesnt help out did it like 3 times already and allways same thing happens. Do you have any ideas how could i fix it?

Welcome,

What was the security product you were running before installing NIS2012? And when di you do this? Have you run any scans? What were the results? Have there been any error messages? What were the messages?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
dawidfrieskee

just before instaliing NIS yesterday i had Avira Antivirus Software but i uninstalled it from control panel right before instalation of NIS. I did full scan before deleting it and it didnt detect anything. I also checked for any files from Avira that could stay in the system byt couldnt find any.

If you ment if i scanned my computer with NIS the answer is no couse it looks like sth is serious wrong with it so i dont wanna mess with my system more than needed ;).

Any ideas whats happening and how to fix it?

Visitor
dawidfrieskee

so guys any advices? or maby there is some kind of repair.exe like in World of Warcraft that could fix it?

yank
Kudos: 2,247
Solutions: 512

dawidfrieskee wrote:

just before instaliing NIS yesterday i had Avira Antivirus Software but i uninstalled it from control panel right before instalation of NIS. I did full scan before deleting it and it didnt detect anything. I also checked for any files from Avira that could stay in the system byt couldnt find any.

If you ment if i scanned my computer with NIS the answer is no couse it looks like sth is serious wrong with it so i dont wanna mess with my system more than needed ;).

Any ideas whats happening and how to fix it?

Hi daviefrieskee,

I feel the best place for you to start is to run the Avira removal tool (link below) to rid your system of all remants of Avira. 

http://dlpro.antivir.com/package/removaltool/win32/en/removaltool-win32-en.exe

Also you mentioned reinstalls, how did you remove the previous copies of NIS before reinstalling?  Did you remove them from the Conrtol Panel, reboot, and then use the Norton Removal Tool, followed by a reboot and then reinsatlled the trial using a fsh download from the Norton site?  If not,please exaplain howo you did the removal and reinstalls.