Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
l23bjcc

norton internet security windows 8 problem HELP!

I recently installed norton internet secyrity on my pc (windows 8). I encounter a very strange problem. I can't scan my computer for viruses. When i click on'' quick scan'' or ''full scan'' option ,nothing happens. :smileysurprised: Any help??? :smileysad:

Regular Contributor
ferenzzz

Re: norton internet security windows 8 problem HELP!

[ Edited ]

I also have that problem sometimes, when I click on something is NIS2013 using Win8 Pro nothing happens...

Just restart and all is fine...

NIS2013 is a little bit wack... NIS2013 was much more stable imo.. maybe I'll try that one again tomorrow...

Volunteer
Vineeth

Hello I23bjcc,

Can you please help us in gathering the log files?

Here is how you can collect it:

1) Visit the below site:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080507162141EN_EndUs...

2) In the end, no files will be sent to Symantec automatically. You will be shown the location of the logs after you complete the form after hitting the "finish" button.
Let me know when you have the logs ready, I will help you to upload it.

Thanks!

Vineeth

JeffreyComeau

I seem to be having the same issue, has there been a fix to this problem yet? 

Volunteer
Vineeth

Hello JeffreyComeau,

Can you help us in gathering log files for this problem? You can find the detailed steps in this post:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/norton-internet-security-windows-8-pr...

Vineeth

JeffreyComeau

Where do i upload the log file?

Volunteer
Vineeth

Hello JeffreyComeau,

I sent you a private message with the steps to upload the log files. Please look for a yellow envelope on the top-right corner of any forum page, once you signed in.

Vineeth

Contributor
mfree45

I have this same problem.  Often I will want to run a scan and nothing happens when I click on a scan option.  Also it fails to start a scan if I right click on any suspect file in my folders.   I have to reboot the system and sometimes its back to normal and working again and other times it takes another boot up or shutdown to fix.     I have been with Norton for years and this is the very first time I have considered going to a different brand.  I feel that my Windows 8 system is not protected. If I cannot run a scan when I wish how do I know my system has or is being protected in the background????

The 2013 version for Windows 8 is buggy and the worst version I have ver used in all the years of owning your product.

My PC:

Windows 8 pro 64 bit.
3.16 core duo CPU

8GB ram

2TB H/drive

560Ti video card.

Norton Internet Security 2013 version 20.2.0.19 with all live latest updates.

Regular Visitor
houtexguy

[ Edited ]

I have also been having the same issue occurring intermittently but quite regularly on two pc's running WIN 8 Pro 64 bit and NIS 2013. This has been occurring since the first day of WIN 8 upgrade from WIN 7 on both pc's.

Sometimes I can initiate a scan and other times there is no response. Rebooting seems to solve the issue.

OK. Others are having this frustrating issue and it is occurring on both of the pc's that I maintain. Therefore it is not an issue with either of my pc's. It is a Norton issue.

Windows 8 has been in release for two months now. Come on guys, there has been plenty of time for you to find a fix.

Thanks.

Contributor
mfree45

I was told these forums are like a ghost town?  Does anyone know if anyone from the company reads these problems?

Should I open a new topic and repeat myself? 

Has anyone that posted here had any feedback from them on this serouis issue?