Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
edd78

problem with power eraser

hi 

i did a scan with norton power eraser and it flaged up a problem with java saying that one or more of your java versions is vulnerable i have the updated version plus uninstalled older versions tried again still same message so contacted norton for 

support so i had the technician from norton  work on my computer tried again with java updates but still no fix so need a bit of advice on how to solve this problem

regards

eddy

peterweb
Kudos: 1,462
Solutions: 365

Re: problem with power eraser

Why did you run Norton Power Eraser?

It is not designed as an everyday scanner, and it can be prone to false positives.

As long as you have removed older versions of java, and you have the latest version, you should not have any worries.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
lmacri
Kudos: 726

Re: problem with power eraser

Hi edd78:

The official Java website has a utility called the Java Uninstall Tool that will remove older versions of Java and leave the latest Java JRE 7 Update 45 on your computer.  Please see my post here for further instructions and comments on configuring Java for safer browsing.

Post back if you have any questions before proceeding.

------------
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * Firefox 25.0.1 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.4.0.40 * Java JRE 7U45
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS