Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
stefanmaine
Accepted Solution

"Default Block SSDP"

I am a new user of Norton Internet Security (ver. 16.8.0.41) on a new laptop with Windows 7. A few moments ago, there appeared a popup labeled "Norton Security" telling me that I needed to restart my computer, which I did. Then I opened the Norton "center" where at the "Security History" I read that over the last half hour or so, Norton "detected" about a dozen incidents described in the "History" as Rule "Default Block SSDP" blocked (192.168.1.1Port (2869)). Inbound TCP connection. The "Severity" is listed as "Info". Presumably, Norton Security has protected me, but I am posting this here for any comment from others because the prompt to restart seemed to me unusual (and a little scary). Just in case, I am having Norton run a full system scan now. Thanks.

delphinium
Kudos: 2,966
Solutions: 293

Re: "Default Block SSDP"

Hi Stefanmaine:

Except for the reboot, your issue seems very similar to this one.  You could check history to see if a threat was removed that required a reboot, but it isn't likely to be connected to the portscan.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Portscan-keeps-popping-up-on-my-histo...

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Contributor
stefanmaine

Re: "Default Block SSDP"

[ Edited ]

Thank you. That is a relief.  I am reluctant to fiddle with Router settings because I am not sure I know what I am doing there. Looking at the Norton Security history, the severity on those entries is always "Info" and "No action required". As for the reboot,  I am guessing it may have been associated with a Norton update? I have seen that before on an older laptop with WinXP and Norton Anti-virus. Anyway, everything seems clean and to be running okay. I am assuming that Norton Internet Security has me covered.