12-30-2010 12:53 PM
I have a pc at home and a laptop.
I have my product key and am trying to download my norton subscription to my laptop
Am having finding it impossible to do. Any advise?
My renewal is good through July of 2011 and I only have used one of 3 computers so I
really shouldn't have to buy it again. The Norton on my laptop expired in 2004.
12-30-2010 02:33 PM
you should do this:
1. Download latest Norton Internet Security installer: www.norton.com/nis11 (this is the English one, for other languages please go to the Norton Update Center: www.norton.com/nuc)
2. Download the Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
3. Disconnect from internet
4. Remove the old Norton Internet Security from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
6. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot (repeat it 2-3 times)
7. Install Norton Internet Security
8. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
Let us know how it goes.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v220.127.116.11, Norton Utilities 16
12-31-2010 08:49 AM - edited 12-31-2010 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Norton Community Forum.
Since you stated that your Norton expired in 2004, was there any other security program installed on it in the mean time? If there was, then the security program from the other company would have to be removed first using the control panel method and a reboot. Then the use of the removal tool from the other company.
If there was no security program installed during this time period and the computer was on the Net, most likely it is infected if no security program was installed.
Please come back and let us know what has been done with this laptop since 2004. Thanks
Happy New Year !
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.