Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
tanvet

red x on my nis icon on my toolbar

how do i get rid of the redx on the icon ,everything seems to be fine when i open up nis,thanks
Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,437
Solutions: 528

Re: red x on my nis icon on my toolbar

[ Edited ]

Hi tanvet,

Can you please give us more details? We need more information so that we can figure out what kind of problem you are experiencing and what is causing it. What kind of Norton product and Norton product version have you got? What kind of operating system (including service pack version) are you running? Have you got any other security programs running on your machine? When did the red x start appearing?

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 11-20-2009 08:59 PM
Virus Trouncer
mijcar

tanvet wrote:
how do i get rid of the redx on the icon ,everything seems to be fine when i open up nis,thanks

First, after you close NIS, is the red X still on the icon?

Second, open NIS again and see if there is any message about FIXing something.  If there is, you should click on that, follow through with what happens next, then report back to us.

mij
N360 2013, v.20.1.0.24; Win7 Pro, SP1 (32 bit), IE 9, Firefox 14, No other active securityware
tanvet

sorry, nis 2010,using vista home,with up to date service packs,just installed on my pc a few days ago,i installed on my laptop with no problems,again it seems like its running fine ,scanning as i speak
Virus Trouncer
mijcar

tanvet wrote:
sorry, nis 2010,using vista home,with up to date service packs,just installed on my pc a few days ago,i installed on my laptop with no problems,again it seems like its running fine ,scanning as i speak

Go ahead and answer my earlier questions if you will, so we all can feel comfortable with your situation.

I will mention in advance that until Norton completes a self-check you might get a red x, but one which goes away if you wait a sufficiently long time after your computer arrives at the desktop.

mij
N360 2013, v.20.1.0.24; Win7 Pro, SP1 (32 bit), IE 9, Firefox 14, No other active securityware