Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
lrepetto

replace my computer

I am planning to replace my computer and want to pass my subscription from the old to the new computer I am buying. How should I proceed?

Thanks

Luis

PapauZ
Topics: 392
Kudos: 1,025
Solutions: 374

Re: replace my computer

Hi,

can you please tell us which Norton product and version do you have?

Where you find version infos:

1. Open the main window
2. Click on Help & Support -> About menu
3. On the About window find the version number (it will look like this: 18.5.0.125)

Thanks!

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.3.0.12

soyacity

Hello I'm new here...i have a question i buy norton internet security for 3 pc's...few days agos i renewal, but now i have 2 pc's working and another one is in trash, but i planing buy one new pc.. how i can do installed to my new pc norton, because i have for 3 and now only 2 working..sorry my english not good/...

thanks u

AllenM
Topics: 225
Kudos: 2,152
Solutions: 379

HI soyacity,

Welcome to the Norton Community.

Which Norton product do you have and what is the version from Support > About or Help > About? Also what OS and SP (service pack) do you have and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Normally you would uninstall your Norton product from the old computer while connected to the Internet and that would adjust your remaining activations to allow installation on a new replacement computer.

However if you are not able to do this because your old computer is not usable, you should contact Customer Service and explain the circumstances to them and they will adjust your activations accordingly.

Your new replacement computer will most likely come with a trial version of some security software. It is very important that you uninstall this via control panel AND run a removal tool designed to remove this software completely before attempting to install your Norton security software.

We can give you more details on this once you let us kjnow which Norton software you currently have and what security software your new computer will have.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.3.0.12
Regular Contributor
swarnava

Install any 3 pc with same method.symantec lab will find the license are active in 3 computers or more.if any 3 will be good.if 4 then block. :)
PapauZ
Topics: 392
Kudos: 1,025
Solutions: 374

heavengod wrote:
Install any 3 pc with same method.symantec lab will find the license are active in 3 computers or more.if any 3 will be good.if 4 then block. :)

It's not true. If Luis have Norton AntiVirus, that can not be installed on 3 machines, as only NIS ans N360 comes with a 3-user license.

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.3.0.12

Regular Contributor
swarnava

I am telling about nis product