Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: scorpion saver adware by adpeak

It is still considered a PUP, even though the one I tested on my machine came with another PUP.

Quads

dickevans

soho1 wrote:

This malware is horrid and difficult to remove. Stilworking on it. Why doesn't norton fix this?

Hi,

No single security product can protect you 100% of the time from 100% of the thousands of threats released daily. For qualified assistance in getting your machine cleaned please select one of the free sites listed and before posting, read and be prepared to follow their rules

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
http://forums.whatthetech.com/
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/

They all have trained volunteers who can do the job. Stick with one and you will get the best results

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
dickevans

Quads wrote:

It is still considered a PUP, even though the one I tested on my machine came with another PUP.

Quads

Looks like you can't even trust PUPs to play by the rules :smileysad:

Dick
DavisPH

Scorpionsaver has infected my machine. No solution found. Norton Symantec Please help! If Norton does not offer help to remove unwanted programs like this I do not feel that they are worthy of service renewal. It makes me wonder if Norton may be colluding with advertisers. Symantec..... Please help!

dickevans

DavisPH wrote:

Scorpionsaver has infected my machine. No solution found. Norton Symantec Please help! If Norton does not offer help to remove unwanted programs like this I do not feel that they are worthy of service renewal. It makes me wonder if Norton may be colluding with advertisers. Symantec..... Please help!

Welcome,

First; No single security program can protect you 100% of the time from 100% of the threats that are being released by the thousands daily.

Second; Symantec / Norton concentrates on malware that will damage your hardware and / or software. PUPs are a PITA but they do not destroy anything.

Third; Many of us recommend that you keep an on demand, free scanner on your desktop to run regularly. I run one of the two I keep handy every few days.

Lastly, if you can find a better security product please switch to it. I don't know of one.

We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Regular Contributor
jmachats

I posted a fix earlier in the thread

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Quads on Floor smiley.gifI followed your "fix" to an unmanned sight that provides links to four different tools, at least one of which could cause considerable damage.  The site owner then posts that if the user is still having trouble, he can post on a different site and go to his malware removal forum.

That is not a fix.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Regular Contributor
jmachats

delphinium wrote:

Quads on Floor smiley.gifI followed your "fix" to an unmanned sight that provides links to four different tools, at least one of which could cause considerable damage.  The site owner then posts that if the user is still having trouble, he can post on a different site and go to his malware removal forum.

That is not a fix.

That's odd insofar as that "fix" (and many others on that site) has helped countless people I've recommended it to on twitter.

You obviously don't know what you're doing and you're probably best served taking it to a technician

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

It's one thing to offer malware removal advice, but what happens if something goes wrong?

Someone who knows what they are doing and is working one on one in a protected environment can fix any problems caused by running 'advanced' tools.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[ Edited ]

scorpion saver  was not found by a lot of auto tools  but can be done using scripts and OTL etc.   

As far as I know and this is just for scorpion saver, nothing else extra also lurking,  MBAM updated detects scorpion saver  (including the service) as (PUP.Optional.Scorpion Saver)

Just for users with scorpion saver  only.

Hopefully my last message on this forum explains the difference of what we do, and the difference and those that don't.   

As long as users follow Instructions when something does go wrong, and it does from time to time, we still fix the added problem via script or without Windows booting.

There is more than 1 scorpion saver  in terms of the way they work

Quads