Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
TriciaS

teredo tunneling pseudo interface

my computer has been running at a crawl since I started getting this error.  Can not get websites to pull up.  There are a huge number of these errors (several a minute)

Protecting your connection to a detected network on adapter  Tunneling pseudo-Interface IP address ( the numbers changes every few minutes)
unauthorized access logged   C:\windows\sysytem32\conhost.exe
Target device\hardware\volume2\program data\Norton……
Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter “teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface” (IP address fe80::4c5:2cde:3f57:fefd57%16)

Protecting your connection to a detected network on adapter  Tunneling pseudo-Interface IP address ( the numbers changes every few minutes)
unauthorized access logged   C:\windows\sysytem32\conhost.exeTarget device\hardware\volume2\program data\Norton……
Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter “teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface” (IP address fe80::4c5:2cde:3f57:fefd57%16)

For some reason I have this IPV6  Do not know if it is wrong or what to do if it is.

Tricia

5980iB59E355B49B66A14

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Re: teredo tunneling pseudo interface

Hi TriciaS:

We are mainly all still on an IPV4 system, but as more and more people connect to the net, there will soon be  insufficient IPaddresses in the present configuration.  Eventually we will be going to the IPV6 numbering system.  Norton has simply added it to the software ahead of time to get ready for the changeover. Because the connection is not used, it just keeps dropping off, and the router keeps checking to see if you need it.

The unauthorized access log is part of Norton's tamper protection.  Most programs have to access Norton files to some extent.  Norton allows this as long as the contact is minimal, and reports it as "logged."  If something digs too deep into Norton, it will block it.

The entries are normal.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Visitor
TriciaS

If it is normal why is my computer having so much trouble connecting to websites since this message started.  The message was not there  before I had trouble and now it is being posted several times a minute.  When it starts being posted in the messages I have to restart my computer and then with in an hour it will start again.

Tricia

PS when I called support they told me I had a virus...  <G>

delphinium

You might have a virus, but if so, it has nothing to do with the IPV6.

Try resetting the router first.  There should be a button on the back.  Some routers reset when you hold it in for a count of thirty, others with a quick push and release.  You should see a red light andthen it will reboot the router. See if that helps.  If not we will move on to other things.

Mark Twain
Visitor
TriciaS

I am getting desperate.  I do not have a router unless it is something in my laptop.  I have one laptop running on a Verizon mifi.    

I am still getting the same messages just more often.  Uninstalled Norton 2010 antivirus and installed Norton 360 hoping for better results.

Getting these messages

IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling PseudInterface and is no longer being protected

IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling PseudInterface and is no longer being protected

Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter “teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface.

My computer will connect to nothing when I get these messages and I have to reboot.  Right before the messages appear the computer slows down to a crawl.

There is another computer in the house but it is not online.

Tricia

delphinium

How do you connect to the internet?  Was a device provided by Verizon?  Does the device allow you to connect wirelessly?  That is what is likely to be a router.  There should be a reset switch on the back.

If you installed N360 onto the machine without running the Norton removal tool to clean off the different parts, that could be causing your problem.

Also, if you have other security software as well as a Norton product, it may cause problems.

The IPV6 is not the issue.

Mark Twain