Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Reply
Newbie
CarolJean
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

I am receiving the same annoying messages.  Please fix this promptly. 

Visitor
blakvelvet
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Never posting means nothing....I have never had a problem and had a reason to get on this forum
Visitor
sdzugalo
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

I am having the same problem too. I haven't downloaded anything recently. same story as you other folks.

 

norton keeps removing opt_content[1].js and opt_content[2].js every 30 seconds. it is linked to internet explorer im pretty sure as its the only time im getting the messages. it also keeps freezing explorer.

i have pop-ups disabled but im getting alot in the actual web browser.

norton has blocked 2 high intrusion attempts today.

 

norton power eraser does NOTHING. full system scan shows NOTHING.

 

also im not sure if this is relevant, but i never noticed atieclxx.exe runnning in task manager before.

 

this is extremely annoying.. i can usually fix these problems.. but there is no USEFUL info anywhere! help us! 

Visitor
bruce6202
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Java updates are triggering it. It's a false positive that Symantec is producing or Java (oracle) didn't test for the signature or definitions from antivirus companies.

It blocks Java updates, and removes the update service, control panel Java update button too.

I confirmed the issue then opened a ticket with Symantec.

Symantec would like me to make an exception but I would like them to actually tell or verify its not real. Right?

Try and download java and see!

xxJackxx
Posts: 179
Topics: 18
Kudos: 36
Solutions: 5
Registered: ‎11-17-2009

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js


blakvelvet wrote:
Never posting means nothing....I have never had a problem and had a reason to get on this forum

Maybe, but now there is another new member. 9 new people and no older members? Also no evidence of this on any other forums. Not trying to pick on anyone but there is no specific information here. Screenshots? Method to reproduce? I am not getting this issue.

xxJackxx
Posts: 179
Topics: 18
Kudos: 36
Solutions: 5
Registered: ‎11-17-2009

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js


bruce6202 wrote:

Java updates are triggering it. It's a false positive that Symantec is producing or Java (oracle) didn't test for the signature or definitions from antivirus companies.

It blocks Java updates, and removes the update service, control panel Java update button too.

I confirmed the issue then opened a ticket with Symantec.

Symantec would like me to make an exception but I would like them to actually tell or verify its not real. Right?

Try and download java and see!


Java? That might explain it. I surely do not use Java anymore.

Visitor
bruce6202
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

symantec java.jpg

Newbie
vernon
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Same thing has been happening to me for the last 3 days.  This is very annoying, so please help ASAP. Almost every time I click on anything on a web page or try to go to a new web page, I get the Norton notice.  System scans and updates have not worked.  I also tried to update Java and it said the bundle did not download, (or something like that). 

Visitor
bruce6202
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

We are on Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1Ru1 (soon to be upgraded tomorrow to 12.1.2 mp1)

 

this is also only with Microsoft Internet exploer as far as I know, google and others should be fine.

Newbie
jhartung12
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-23-2013

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

I am having the same problem.  Norton Internet Security 2013 keeps poping up a small window saying that opt_content[1].js is unsafe and that it deleted it, but the issue never goes away.  I looked for the file in the directory it identified, and indeed it was deleted from there. Somehow though it keeps coming back. We need Norton to come up with a fix. This is pretty much making my browser inoperable.