Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
bruce119

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Another victim here....It started about 2-3 days ago. Happens on a lot of sites I visit most forums, I have seen it on eBay, Atuozone.com PIA every time you navigate it takes a long time and the warning pops up. I just renewed my subscription yesterday very frustrating. I will try to post screen shots as requested. I have IE9, I didn’t notice any new add-ons but not sure what or were to look.
Hope you guys get this fixed soon. This is the first issue I had over a year since I started with Norton.
Thanks
Bruce from Florida
ex9.jpg

opt_content[1].js.jpg
dulcimers2

This is also my first post and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this problem. Hopefully someone will find a solution for this soon,

IHM
Visitor
IHM

1: i use ie10

2: i never check my toolbars but there are only 2 i dont know. they are called (1:{45D8438C-B51D-47A8-AEEA-9061535F25F1} 2:Breowse2savue)

spacecadet2

Same problem continuous for the last few days.  Running IE 8, Windows XP and Norton Security Suite provided by Comcast/Xfinity.  Only recent update was with Java on 23 Apr (atch) which I have disabled with no effect - a few hours later Norton started detecting and removing opt_content[1].js every few minutes (atch).  I also have noticed DealPly in my explorer history as well as a frequent popup with two options (atch).

greggeorge

It started Yesterday;  I am running XP Home Media, IE8

Full Path: c:\documents and settings\owner.ups2\local settings\temp\temporary internet files\content.ie5\4o201vmq\opt_content[1].js
Threat: Adware.Popuppers
On computers as of 4/24/2013 at 11:52:40 AM
Last Used 4/24/2013 at 11:54:04 AM
Startup Item No
Launched No
High
This file risk is high.

File Thumbprint - MD5:
17552840697b4fff4692aa9ac574802d

greggeorge

opt_content[1].js Found Problem on my machine, remove GetSavin from add/remove programs

Went to add/remove programs & searched by dated of use and found GetSavin installed recently. Uninstalled it & popups gone.

greggeorge

opt_content[1].js Go to add/remove programs and uninstall GetSavin

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall   GetSavin  

This worked for me on IE8 XP

Good Luck  Greg

xxJackxx
Topics: 18
Kudos: 35
Solutions: 5

Re: opt_content[1].js Found Problem on my machine, remove GetSavin from add/remove programs

greggeorge wrote:

Went to add/remove programs & searched by dated of use and found GetSavin installed recently. Uninstalled it & popups gone.

Did you downlaod anything from CNET recently? A litle searching turned up that they are packing this with some downalods.

braveheart6868

Re: opt_content[1].js Found Problem on my machine, remove GetSavin from add/remove programs

I don't have that program installed on my computer - never did! I keep getting this message - really bugs me as I haven't done a thing! no matter what site go on ... g-mail, facebook, google search it comes up! any other suggestions???
Visitor
PingPong

Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall InfoAtoms.  It is Adware that is Free Browser plugin that supposedly enables you to highlight text on any website and get instant search results, translations, synonyms and more. This removed the problem for me.