Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
DBash

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

I haven't installed any adware recently. Just upgraded Dropbox. This problem appeared from nowhere!

TiborS

I have had same problem for 2-3 days  and its somehow related to Norton & IE.

It does NOT occur when I use only chrome and IE is not enabled.

I have IE10 and Norton 360.

I have only Google Toolbar, Google Search and Shockwave as an addon enabled.  

I forwarded the message from Norton 360 that says it deleted the opt_cpontent[1].js (click details) - msg sent to Symantec by clicking on std send to Symantec for further analysis

I hope Symantec fixes this FAST its very annoying

TiborS

JeffreySEA

I checked for recent install.  Get Savin was installed along with some freeware.  Unistalled it and the malware notice went away.  Problem solved for me at least.

aa4pb

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall GetSavin.

Norton finds and removes the opt_content[1].js file but GetSavin puts it right back the next time you change the browser page.

You will see GetSavin 5.0 by AdPeak, Inc. in the browser manage addons but it won't let you delete or disable it. Thus you have to uninstall it from add/remove programs.

Visitor
Dobbiegal

Everytime I sign onto my Internet Explorer 10 I keep getting a pop up showing that Norton is analyzing opt_content(1) and then it deletes it.  But every search in IE results in the same pop up and file being deleted.  I visited the sites suggested and could not find any reference to this file or how to delete it.  I also looked for program 'GetSavin' and 'Info Atoms' and they are not installed on my computer.  Appears to be the same issue everyone else is having.  This just started 2-3 days ago.  A solution would be nice.

Thanks

Westerberg

Guys, I had this situation yesterday. Tried everything -- uninstalls, scans, power eraser, rebooting, etc. -- and I lucked out by finding another virus protection on Cnet: The trial version of Ad-aware anti-virus knocked it right out on its first scan (which took 3 and a half hours, but whatever it takes, right?)

Now, this could be a coincidence or not, but that message no longer pops up for me. This isn't a knock on Norton, they've been great for me and I'll continue to use them -- sometimes you just gotta throw everything at a problem and hope something sticks.
braveheart6868

I was getting fed up trying to fix the problem myself so I went to the source ... Contacted Norton live chat support ... After waiting about 10-15 minutes ... A tech support started to chat ... I explained the issue... I gave permission for him to fix the problem on my computer remotely ... And they are all gone!  The issue is with Internet Explorer ... And tool bars ... If you are still getting the message ... Contact Norton ... Through support ... Enter in a little into ... name e-mail etc ... And click on live chat ... Trust me ... If you have to wait 30 minutes or an hour ... Its worth the wait!!!!!  They will fix your PC perfectly!!!!!  WTG Norton ... Now I know why I deal with them!!!!! 

Visitor
Dobbiegal

Did you get charged for this service?

jackilee2013

Appears I have same issue, to date have experienced on average a cycle of a norton advice message and norton clearance message  sometimes every 15 seconds, other times 2 minutes over last 3 days

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

All,

Mohan_G has requested some information.  http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/virus-trojan-mallware-opt-content-1-j...

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!