Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
BoFam

Re: virus/trojan/mallware opt_content[1].js

Same here with Norton 360. I just updated my Java not to long ago and the file name for me is Opt_content[1].js found in the IE cache files. Norton has removed it and Quarantined it.  Medium Severity Adware.Popuppers detected by download insight.  Keeps coming back!!!

staticfish11

Thanks for the suggestion, I removed the program GetSavin using control panel and the opt_content issues went away. Awesome!!!

staticfish11

Using control panel I uninstalled GetSavin and the opt_content problem went away.

Contributor
bruce119

There's been a lot of reports now. Some conflicting info. on how to fix.

I would like to hear from Norton how we can fix this......

Thanks

Bruce from Florida

opt_content[1].js.jpg

Visitor
BoFam

djmagcruznyc

I been dealing with this annoying opt_content[1].js popping up every time I'm using Internet Explorer for a few days.  Running a full scan and Norton Power Eraser did not help.  Uninstalling Java did not help either.

I began looking throught my Internet Explorer Manage add-ons the selecting all add-ons on the drop down, and noticed an Enabled application called "Bcool" under the Not Available section.  Since the option to disable it was not available, I looked at the properties and noticed that it was in my C:\ProgramData\BCool folder.  I then went to my Program Files and found it, with just the option to Uninstall it.  When I uninstalled it, and it popped up an Adware page asking for feedback why I was leaving.  I closed it with no feedback, then went back to the BCool folder and deleted it completely.  If at first it does not delete, close IE and try it again.

This got rid of it for me.

This program may have different names for different users.

Hope this helps!

Visitor
nordea

I am having the same problem except the one I am getting is ie_content[1].js. Just the same as everyone else I haven't knowingly downloaded anything recently.  

Norton keeps removing ie_content[1].js  every 30 seconds.

I also have pop-ups disabled but  I ran Norton power eraser although it claims to of fixed one or two issues it has nor fixed this on, also a full system scan shows nothing.

Stel

I have the same problem. IE has now become very slow. Thanks for the inconvenience Norton.

je999

Norton is simply doing what you paid for. Please do not blame them. I had the frustrating opt_content[1].js  problem also. I opened Tools/Manage Add-Ons in Internet Explorer and found GetSavin. I closed IE, went to Control Panel's Add-Remove Programs, and found GetSavin 5.0 by AdPeak, Inc. I removed it and the problem went away. The specific add-on may vary but the solution should be common to all. If you are angry, just blame the web site that installed this bothersome add-on without notifying you or asking permission.

Tony_Weiss
Topics: 582
Kudos: 2,111
Solutions: 349

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the confusion and frustration around this issue. Our team is working hard to sort out this detection, and once we get more solid info we can share, I will post to this thread. Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue.

Tony Weiss
Norton Forums Global Community Manager
Symantec Corporation