Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
dare2dv8

what does this message mean?

I've had dozens of similar messages to this today, and was wondering why?  Thanks :)

Category: Firewall - Network and Connections
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Category
2012-02-10 19:08:28,Info,"IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and is no longer being protected (IP address: 2001::5ef5:79fb:6a:bcc3:b16c:d423).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections
IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and is no longer being protected (IP address: ........

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,855
Solutions: 779

Re: what does this message mean?

Hi dave2dv8,

These are normal firewall log entries that are created whenever a network connection is detected or the connection is later closed (in which case it is "no longer being protected" because it isn't there anymore).  It is nothing to be concerned about, and you can read more on this here:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/What-does-this-mean/m-p/468352/highlight/true#M47967

Atomic_Blast
Kudos: 219
Solutions: 39

Re: what does this message mean?

[ Edited ]

Hi dare2dv8:

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums!

What you are noting in Security History is rather normal reporting behavior. :smileyhappy:

Let me quote SendOfJive, one of our Guru's on the Forum regarding this subject...

"When Norton reports that an IP address has disappeared, it means there is no longer a connection there for the firewall to monitor.  It sounds like your connections are dropping out and Norton is simply logging those events."

Here is the complete thread...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface-pro...

Hope that this answers your question.

Regards,

Atomic_Blast :)

Edit - SendOfJIve beamed in before me. :smileywink: How about that!

"Every day is just another increment on the bell curve of life."