Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
pinkstar132

where is my activation email?

I received an email saying Welcome to Norton Antivirus and that I should have received my activation email cormfiming my purchase, but I have not recieved it yet and it has been 12 hours. Where is my confirmation activation email ?

yank
Kudos: 2,050
Solutions: 469

Re: where is my activation email?

Not sure if the Welcome and the activation email comes from the same source - check your "spam/junk folder".

Contributor
ThuWin

Or check for the key at your Norton accout (https://www.mynortonaccount.com/amsweb/default.do).  Also check the spam/junk folder or anywhere else email may hide (such as "bulk" label for Gmail).  Furthermore, try "refreshing" the page or signing in and signing out.

Or just wait... sometimes it take some time before the email arrive (I sent an email from my Hotmail to Gmail account and it took roughly about 2 minutes before it appears in the Gmail account).

"Character is a journey, not a destination"--Bill Clinton

Visit the Norton Upgrade Center to see if you qualify for a FREE upgrade of your Norton software!
yank

[ Edited ]

Your KEY number is stored in Norton Security_KEY.txt in the following
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
C:\Users\\Documents\Symantec\Norton Internet Security_KEY.txt

In Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Internet Security_KEY.txt

Contributor
ThuWin

[ Edited ]

yank wrote:

Your KEY number is stored in Norton Security_KEY.txt in the following
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
C:\Users\\Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt

In Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt

Nope its still Norton Internet Security_Key.txt (not _pin) for me. Also, I believe the file WON'T be created until you actually activate your product with a valid key.

Visit the Norton Upgrade Center to see if you qualify for a FREE upgrade of your Norton software!
yank

ThuWin - I copied that from my Macros over on the Comcast forum (which does in fact list a PIN in  lieu of a KEY).  I noticed it before I posted and edited it to the correct program name and Key - but since I had the compatability mode turned off in IE9 the edit did not take.  This is a known problem with Lithium ( same thing happens on Comcast Forum).  For some strange reason, if you do not use Compatability mode when you add/edit your original post (even before posting) the changes do not show up.

Sorry if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase looking for a PIN and thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Contributor
ThuWin

yank wrote:

I noticed it before I posted and edited it to the correct program name and Key - but since I had the compatability mode turned off in IE9 the edit did not take.  This is a known problem with Lithium ( same thing happens on Comcast Forum).  For some strange reason, if you do not use Compatability mode when you add/edit your original post (even before posting) the changes do not show up. 

Unless you mean editing macros, editing/ posting without using compat mode works fine...

SGFC
Topics: 73
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 16

I'd check the Welcome email to see if there's a way to have your email with the key resent.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit / Norton Internet Security 2014
huwyngr
Topics: 1,001
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

pinkstar132 wrote:

I received an email saying Welcome to Norton Antivirus and that I should have received my activation email cormfiming my purchase, but I have not recieved it yet and it has been 12 hours. Where is my confirmation activation email ?

Did you get it from Norton on line? Or since so many people have referred to COMCAST (which is nto the same version) did you get something from them?

If you got it from Norotn direct then I think I'd simplfy life by asking the OnLine Customer Support if and when they sent it ....

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there. You may have to scroll down a little to see the CHAT button.

You can choose CHAT or Email; email or phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Please let us know how you get on .... 

Hugh