Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
zhenyoka

How to unlock Samsung Galaxy Ace?

Hello. Please help me to unlock my device. I don't remember password and I didn't set up any "buddies".

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Re: How to unlock Samsung Galaxy Ace?

Hello zhenyoka.

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of your trouble but I am puzzled that you did not set up any buddies as Norton Mobile Security (NMS) currently insists that you set up at least two when you set the Anti-Theft feature.  How did the problem arise and have you tried all your likely passwords?  Remember that they are case sensitive.

To help us to better understand your problem can you tell us what version of NMS you have loaded or at least when it was installed or last updated?  Also can you advise us if you have the Norton Anti-Theft plugin installed.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Visitor
zhenyoka

Sorry, but my English isn't good and it's hard to explain the arising of my problem. Still, I'll try.

My device is locked after I've changed sim card. I was puzzled that my device still locked even when I set my sim card back.

I don't know what version of NMS I have on my Samsung. I've installed trial version of NMS from Samsung Apps. The updating was automatic.

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Hi zhenyoka.

You will be sorry to hear that I have been puzzling over your problem and have come to the conclusion that I am not able to help.

If you had the Norton Anti-Theft plugin installed then it would have been easy.  Also with buddies it would have been easy, and I cannot understand why you do not have them as the software should have insisted on it.  As far as I am aware the Samsung version of the software is effectively the same as the normal versions and so you should have buddies.  Did someone else set the phone up for you?  If so they should know the password and have the buddies - can they help?

So others may be able to help but I am going to throw in the towel (give up).