Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
referee

NORTON TABLET SECURITY PKG FOR KINDLE FIRE

1/19/2012  8:55PM EST

I PURCHASED THE NORTON TABLET SECURITY SOFTWARE FOR MY KINDLE FIRE TODAY.  HOWEVER, I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD IT OR REGISTER IT.  WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT I SEE DOWNLOADING STARTING BUT IT NEVER FINISHES.  TRIED TO GET HELP FROM NORTON AND AMAZAON SUPPORT REPS BUT NEITHER COULD SPEAK ENGLISH CLEARLY NOR DID THEY HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ME.  ANY TIPS OR HINTS ON WHAT I AM DOING WRONG OR NOT DOING???

smithy

Re: NORTON TABLET SECURITY PKG FOR KINDLE FIRE

[ Edited ]

Hi referee

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum.:smileyhappy:

Just a little info for future reference as you might not have noticed this paticular

forum is for Norton Mobile Security, to get full exsposure i would recommend

using the Norton Tablet Security forum next time.:smileyhappy:

Norton Tablet Security Forum

From what i have read the Kindle Fire is not fully supported yet with NTS, you might

find this thread interesting to read-

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Tablet-Security/NTS-for-Kindle-Fire/td-p/602696

As for the download you could try downloading  on a computer then transferring the

NTS apk file via a usb connection to the Kindle Fire if possible.? I think you would

need a USB 2.0 (micro-B connector) cable for connectivity.

Just type into the computer address bar-

www.norton.com/nts

If possible save the file to your computer and transfer to the Fire, then using a file

manager or download manager app on the Kindle Fire to open the downlad and install

and activate NTS with the Product Key you would have received with the purchase of

Norton Tablet Security.I am not sure if this would work as i have not read about it or had

a chance to test it my self, just a idea i had.:smileyhappy:

Otherwise another thing to try would be to use th Amazon Cloud Drive and upload the

NTS apk file to your Amazon Cloud Drive account on your computer and the open your

Cloud Drive on the Kindle Fire and try to open and install the NTS apk file from there,

that might work.???

Just a few suggestions if you still have the issue where you cannot download the Norton

Tablet Security apk file, it could also be a server issue as i tried the download and it works

ok in my region but all regions and countries work differently with servers etc.

Have you tried a different WiFi location for the download and could you try just for a test

to download Norton Mobile Security apk file to see if that download is successfull or not-

www.norton.com/nms

And you could also try the NTS download from time to time to see if it is just a temporary

issue.

Don"t forget Symantec Norton has the 60 day policy for a full refund of any product

purchased by contacting Norton Support Live Chat for free-

www.norton.com/chat

But hopefully you will not need that link and you will be able to download and install NTS.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers:smileywink:

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Bunny383

I have taken over an hour to get it installed!!  Once you have clicked download you will not get a message that it has downloaded.  Give it about 10 minutes then swipe downwards and you should get a message that it has downloaded.  Then to install click on the tab at the top and you should get install.  My next problem is activating the thing!!  I have tried using every combination on the card to activate but cannot do it.  Any suggestions?

Super Worm Eliminator
Andmike

Hello Bunny383.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums. :smileyhappy:

Sorry you are having problems but can you give us a bit more background.  The thread you have posted in is in the Norton Mobile Security forum but smithy had recommended that further posts on this subject should be put in the Norton Tablet Security forum - so can you please confirm what application you are having trouble with (including ideally the version number) and from where you bought it and downloaded it.  Hopefully we will then be in a better position to help.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Doctor9fan
Topics: 14
Kudos: 41
Solutions: 2

Hi referee, on your Kindle have you set the device to allow installation of applications from unknown sources? This can be found by swiping down the screen>+ more>device>choose on.
I had to do this to install adblock plus.
Hth,
Virginia/Doctor9fan. Please give me Kudos if I have helped.
Windows 8.1 64bit, Kindle Fire HD, iPhone 5s.