Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
DLyle

Norton License Expired??

My NMS license was purchased on 2/12/12 and runs until 2/11/13.  The product has worked fine until this morning.  When I open it, the "Web Anti-Theft status" screen indicates "Norton Security license expired".  When I click on the message, the regular NMS screen is displayed listing Anti-Theft, Anti-Malware, Call & SMS Blocking and Web Protection.  The Subscription status bar at the bottom indicates 348 Days Left.  I also kept getting notifications that Norton Anti-Theft has been disabled.

Anyone know what can be done to correct this?

ttcwalk5

Re: Norton License Expired??

I have been having the same problem since February 21, 2012.  I go to Norton support, they correct it only for it to happen again a few days later, it's very frustrating.  Support keeps saying it is a server issue and they are working on a fix to correct it.  Hope that fix comes out pretty soon as I'm getting to the point of canceling, getting my money back and switching to MacAfee or some other internet/virus package.  If anyone out there knows when the "fix" comes out, it would make me happy to stay with Norton.  

Visitor
pmilo1

[ Edited ]

Yesterday this also happen to me. I purchased NMS on 11/27/2011. Now it states that the License has Expired. On my phone it says I have 271 Days Left. I have been with Norton Products for decades and all my computers have always been protected my Norton Security. I have never had any problems such as this. Previous the NMS app had a rough start. Lets get it together Symantec... I feel like my phone is not protected at this point. You have the opportunity to launch to a mobile platform in it ever growing population, but trust in your product is a must and so far it just is not looking good. BTW, NMS show up in my Management Control Panel just fine, but list my cell phone as offline to which it is not. The Product Key is also there showing my paid app. Please fix so that my phone is protected.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

To those experiencing this issue, could you provide what device this is on? Please provide the following:
Make
Model
Version of Android
Whether or not you updated the version of android when you started to see this.

Once we have this information we will have the team take a look into this to see what is causing this. For those that have contacted support, if you could send me your case number via private message would be beneficial as well. Please do not post the case number publicly. Thank you.
Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
virg24

I just bought Norton Mobile Security just this past Monday (2/27).  It was working fine until this morning (3/1).  I got the same error for my Norton Anti-Theft.  It got disabled because it thinks my Norton Security license expired.  When I look at Norton Security, it says there are 363 days left.

I have the HTC G2 and it is running on android version 2.3.4. 

Symantec Employee
jon_p_11

We are having the development team looking in to this issue and have found one possibly of the root cause that they are working on fixing. If you could please provide us with the information Erik requested as well as where you purchased the product, it would help us try to track down this issue even more.

Jon
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
DLyle

I have a Motorola Droid X2 running Android version 2.3.4 ( I believe this is the latest version).  I purchased NMS via the Android Market. 

Because of the annoying notifications about NMS being disable, I have uninstalled it.  How can I re-dounded without having to pay again? (I have my license number/activation key)

Visitor
virg24

jdolson89

I'm having the same issue. My phone is a droid razr with the lastest OS, and I bought the app from Norton's site. It started having this problem just tghis week, and I upgraded my OS weeks ago.

Thanks.

John

smithy

[ Edited ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DLyle wrote-

I have a Motorola Droid X2 running Android version 2.3.4 ( I believe this is the latest version).  I purchased NMS via the Android Market. 

Because of the annoying notifications about NMS being disable, I have uninstalled it.  How can I re-dounded without having to pay again? (I have my license number/activation key)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi DLyle

You could contact the staff at Norton Support Live Chat which is a free service

via the internet, just click on the link below-

www.norton.com/chat

Follow the steps and fill in the required info and then select Live Chat.

Explain your issue and they will be able to resolve the problem for you and

once again have you protected with the full version of NMS.

Make sure you have the Google Market receipt which you would have received

in a email when you purchased the NMS upgrade form the Android Market as the

support staff will need those details.

Cheers. :smileywink:

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”