Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Re: Norton License Expired??

mckels3,

Where did you purchase NMS from?  Does the product say it's expired or are you seeing a message from Norton AntiTheft?  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
mckels3

I purchased NMS online from Symantec.  My phone continues to get a pop up message saying Norton anit-theft has been disabled.  When I click on it, it says "Norton Security license has expired."  When I check down at the bottom of the NMS app, it says I have 310 days remaining on my subscription which should be correct.  Even when I check my Norton account page online, it says my NMS has expired???????? 

Please tell me what I should do to remedy this situation asap.  I do not like being without security.  Can I get a refund as it is crazy to pay for something and not have the services.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Mckels3, You're in a similar situation as the others on this thread. NMS has not expired as you can see when you open the app. The problem that has occurred is the link between the NMS license and your NAT entitlement. NAT (which is what your Norton Account is triggering off of) is being told the product has expired incorrectly. The team is actively working on correcting this to prevent it from happening in the future, but for those who are experiencing this now the solution is to contact support. You'll want to go to http://norton.com/chat to work with an agent to correct this.
Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
mckels3

Thanks for your help, Erik.  When I tried support chat on Monday, the tech said he could not help me with the issue and referred me to your blog.  When you linked me back up with support chat, I got a wonderful agent named Anilkumar who fixed the issue by leading me through uninstall and reinstall.  Hope it continues to work correctly now!  :)  Thanks again.

Michele

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Thanks for the update Michele.  Could you send me a private message with the case number for your first contact?  They should not have referred you back here.  I'm glad that the second agent correctly helped you.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Regular Contributor
tinfoilhat

Thanks for the help in trying to resolve the 'license expired' problem with Anti-theft in Norton Mobile Security. I just tried to establish a Chat, received a Case number, and waited for a representative to initiate the chat.

No one ever responded. A 1-minute wait time was indicated, but after about 10 minutes, I gave up.

Each month, my NMS Anti-theft module has been asking for my account password, saying I needed to login again (I do not have my Norton Account saved to sync on my Android).

This month, around March 2nd, I received the request to login and it didn't proceed as normal. Then, I started receiving the Anti-theft has been disabled. I realized that I did not have GPS turned on, so I turned it on and checked on Anti-theft. There is no way to get the login prompt to come back up.

Today, NMS notified me that an upgrade to the new version was available. The only wireless I have turned on is regular cell service and GPS. I was again prompted to enable the 'unknown sources' check box, so I did that, then clicked on Live Update. The upgrade to version 2.5.0.398 proceeded smoothly.

I will try again later to connect with customer support through Chat.

Also, I have discovered that Norton Mobile Security is not showing up in my list of products in my Norton Account. It shows up in History, but not in the product list. (I have my receipt. I purchased NMS through Symantec using the QR Code that popped up after my purchase went through.)

Make: LG Optimus Q Android Smartphone

Model: LGL55C

Android: 2.3.4

Thanks for help resolving the problem.

tin

Win7HP•64bit•SP1 ... N360 Premier v 20.1.1.2 (3) ... N360 Everywhere (5) ... NMS v 2.5.0.420 ... NMU v 2.0.0.232 ... Norton Snap 1.0.0.45

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Hi tinfoilhat.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with Chat - sadly it happens though fortunately it does not seem to be the rule.  You might like to send Erik your case number by PM so that he can see if there was some sort of rectifiable failure, if he has time.

Having GPS turned on should help the accuracy with which NMS or NAT can find you, but should not have an impact on registration issues.  Having Wi-Fi on, if available, should make things work better.

Don't forget to turn off the "unknown sources" check box now that you have done the upgrade.

And finally the non showing of NMS in the Norton Account is a "feature" of the system at the moment.  With luck it will change in the future but at the moment NMS is seen as something quite different!

I hope things go more smoothly for you from now.

B1
Visitor
B1

Good Morning:

How long before Norton's has this fixed?

Tried live chat. Every time it went to connect the web page failed so that's not a viable option anymore.

Norton mobile security version #2.5.0.398 is fine have 289 days left on the subscription. Go to Norton Anti-Theft version #1.3.0.122, & it says the license is expired.

It's also curious that it doesn't show up in my Norton's Account as a purchase.

Have it installed on a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket model #SGH-1727 running Android ver. 2.3.5.

Thanks Everyone.

B1.

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Good morning B1.

My understanding is that Norton staff can fix this if you contact them via Live Chat.  I don't understand why your links are not working or why you say that Live Chat is no longer an option.  You might like to try following this link to see if you get a better result (scroll down until you see "Chat Now").

As for showing up in the license registration, Norton Mobile Security (NMS) has never shown up in the Norton Licenses.  It may some day but at present the licensing seems to be handled differently.  As for Norton Anti-Theft well if you have the bought license as can be used with laptops etc.  I assume that would show but if you have the free plugin that comes with NMS then I would expect that, like NMS, not to show.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Regular Contributor
tinfoilhat

Thanks, Andmike ... Yes, I did immediately turn off 'unknown sources'. And thanks for explaining about GPS. I very seldom turn on the WiFi capability because we run a wired network in our home ... no wireless (bad experience with that).

And I am glad to find out about the 'feature' (g) ... it is a relief to understand that something didn't 'go wrong' with that. I find it strange, but I guess that those on high have their reasons.

Will try your new link to Live Chat in your answer to someone else ... thanks ...

tin

Win7HP•64bit•SP1 ... N360 Premier v 20.1.1.2 (3) ... N360 Everywhere (5) ... NMS v 2.5.0.420 ... NMU v 2.0.0.232 ... Norton Snap 1.0.0.45