06-04-2012 02:14 PM
Could you send me your norton account email address via a private message? Did you originally purchased NMS from the Android Market? If so, please send me your Google Order info as well. Thanks.
06-05-2012 09:19 AM
I sent you an email with my norton account email address. It will be the email address you receive.
I purchased NMS from Norton's website and NAT from Google Play.
06-05-2012 06:01 PM
I've got this same problem. It happened a couple months ago, so I hopped online to research it and discovered that the folks at Symnatec had no idea what was going on nor how to fix it, but it was clear that they were working on it, so I decided to give it time. Sure enough, the problem fixed itself and was fine for about two or three months. Now it's started up again. Like others have noted, I'm going to solve the problem by uninstalling Norton from our phones completely and find something else. When it comes to security you need something dependable and that is something that this app definitely is not.
06-05-2012 09:39 PM
To clarify, your malware protection has not been disabled in any way. For those that have contacted support we have not been able to obtain enough information to identify the issue. The team needs information in order to investigate the issue.
That said, where we would like to begin is to collect the Norton Account email address and product key used to activate NMS for those experiencing this issue. Please do not post this publicly, but feel free to send it to me via Private Message.
06-06-2012 06:34 AM
I would encourage all of you, who are having problems to send Erik the details he asks for. I have!
This thread is long and I'm not sure that the problems are getting any clearer. I suspect that there may be a number of false leads and have wondered if it might not be better to start a completely new thread. That however might look like accepting defeat and a number of people seem to be having continuing problems. So I have re-read the entire thread and post below a few thoughts which may in themselves be false leads, but I hope that somewhere in it all there is some assistance to those who need to fix the problem(s).
My fist point is that there appear to be at least two issues. One is that sometimes, some versions of NMS falsely report that the license has expired. This does not seem to be a serious problem (I get it on my Razr Maxx each time I reboot but not on my ZTE Blade) as after a while the notification goes away and any attempt to refer to the actual NMS app shows that it still retains it's full license. However the false notification may be triggering something else... The second issue appear to be a license issue with NAT which seems to actually render it inoperative.
My second point is that the problems as reported appear to focus around the end of the month. Not clear if it is the last day of the month or the first that is the trigger. It could be either but most reports come in on or just after the first of the month. DLyle's original problem of 1 March was solved by 4 March only to recur on 1 June! So is there a special server check by Norton or Google Play when the month rolls over?
Third point is related to the "different Norton Account". In most cases NAT is loaded as a free plugin from Google Play when NMS is installed. However NMS may be loaded from Google Play or directly from Norton. So any check connected with Google Play to ascertain whether the Plugin should be made available, may get confused if NMS is not registered with Google Play. Also some people seem to have changed the license key with which they register the NMS version they have downloaded from Norton. In these cases, is the version of NAT that they have loaded, looking for the earlier license key link? Given that even Norton Account management does not recognise NMS even when it is downloaded from their servers and registered with their key, implies that the licensing tracks are obscure, at best. Finally (for now at least) - if NMS initially reports itself as having expired after a reboot, may it be passing this on to block the NAT licensing in some way.
I hope that someone will get some value from the above ramblings....
If anyone wants any further clarification or information - just ask and I will try to help.
06-06-2012 06:07 PM
I have an update and good news. Based on the account info and logs from AndMike it appears the team has been able to determine the cause of both of the issues that are being seen in this thread. For those who were attempting to register NAT, please try again now. For those that were seeing expiration notices/messages/etc please check now. There shouldn't need to be a need to reboot the device. I apologize for the time this took, but the investigation proved very difficult unfortunately.
06-07-2012 08:32 AM
From my end it looks like you solved the problem...NAT is back in working order.
Thanks, Eric. Honestly, it's rare to find a supplier, and for that matter, an employee willing to step up like this and address the issue head on. I can't count how many times I've given up on other companies and products because they're not interested in addressing "corner-case" issues. Once the sale is made...good luck. I commend you and the background team for sticking with it and resolving the problem.
You've confirmed why I chose Symantec and will in the future.