Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
MarkAnthonyPuyat

Norton Mobile Security on Samsung Galaxy Y

Hi! I have had Norton Mobile Security installed on my Samsung Galaxy Y for a while now. Earlier today, my son dropped my phone and all of a sudden NMS (Norton Mobile Security) asked me to put a password. I have entered all the passwords that I can remember by to no success. The message on the screen says "Device is locked of SIM card has been changed". Obviously, I did not change my SIM card and there is no way my 3yo son can do that. I have tried removing the SIM and putting it back many times and also unsuccessfull. I have currently removed the SIM to try if it can get unlocked, and again, unsuccessfull.

Specifics:

Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360)

Norton Mobile Security Version 2.1.0.280 (same version as the one on my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant)

NMS was installed without a SIM card in my phone (if this helps)

Please advise. I need your help to unlock my phone.

Thank you.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Re: Norton Mobile Security on Samsung Galaxy Y

Do you not remember your passcode?  What's likely happened was that the SIM card was either dislodged or damaged.  Once that happens NMS will require you to unlock the device using the passcode that was used when AntiTheft was set up.  How did you install NMS without a SIM card?  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
fawzeadam

Re: Norton Mobile Security on Samsung Galaxy Y

MarkAnthonyPuyat wrote:

Hi! I have had Norton Mobile Security installed on my Samsung Galaxy Y for a while now. Earlier today, my son dropped my phone and all of a sudden NMS (Norton Mobile Security) asked me to put a password. I have entered all the passwords that I can remember by to no success. The message on the screen says "Device is locked of SIM card has been changed". Obviously, I did not change my SIM card and there is no way my 3yo son can do that. I have tried removing the SIM and putting it back many times and also unsuccessfull. I have currently removed the SIM to try if it can get unlocked, and again, unsuccessfull.

Specifics:

Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360)

Norton Mobile Security Version 2.1.0.280 (same version as the one on my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant)

NMS was installed without a SIM card in my phone (if this helps)

Please advise. I need your help to unlock my phone.

Thank you.

thank you