Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
androidcool

anybody know why a android game would have to need the kill background processes permission

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Re: anybody know why a android game would have to need the kill background processes permission

Hello again androidcool.

I have no idea why an android game would need such a permission, but as I suggested before, if you are interested you should ask the writers of the software.  They must know why it needs a permission and they should have an interest in reassuring you.  If they do not, then there is reason to worry.  I and others who did not write the software can but guess, and that does not seem to do anyone any good.

I hope that makes sense.

bleeper24
Kudos: 127
Solutions: 14

Re: anybody know why a android game would have to need the kill background processes permission

Hi androidcool

I note that you have had a few queries regarding " permissions" and other aspects of matters relating to Android games etc :

Just as Andmike said ...I myself have no idea why an app would need such a permission , and if you contact them and you receive no constructive or convincing response ...then there may be cause for concern !

If you take a look at the interesting info  posted earlier on the Sophos Security site with reference to android vulnerabilities ...........see here.....http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/02/24/android-malware-facebook/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sop...

It clearly shows how all areas of online activity can be exploited ........and if any of us have doubts about why the apps we download and trust , need to make changes to..or otherwise make alterations we think are not quite right, then we should ask why ?!

As we have no way of knowing where you "click " or what actions you instigate , all we can do is urge you to be cautious and be careful out there ! Try an email to the developer and explain your concern and see how they respond ..Keep us posted ?

Thanks ......Ed

Windows7 SP1....Norton NIS 2012 ...4Gb RAM ..Momentus XT SolidState HybridHD

Docendo discimus ( Teach in order to learn)

Regular Contributor
androidcool

Thanks guys the game is from a trusted company and I contacted them before never got a responce thanks again