Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
bob742

Feature Request: Power saver

I have just spent a frustratng morning installing power saver apps from the market, but so far I can't find one that works as well for me as NMB. I have found I can extend the battery life massively by switching to power saver mode when I am not using the phone.  It just needs a few additional features to make it perfect:

1. A 1x1 widget that toggles power saving mode
  2. The same widget to have battery charge percent displayed on it
  3. Power saver mode to manage GPS as well as the other things it does
  4. Auto switch to power saver mode when charge is under a given percentage

Bob

Super Worm Eliminator
Andmike

Re: Feature Request: Power saver

Hi bob742.

I'm glad you are pleased with NMU.  Obviously your post is intended for Norton staff but I would just comment on your request about getting power saver to manage GPS.  I used to turn GPS off when I was not using it but then I was told that it used little or no power when it was not actually being used.  So I tried leaving it enabled all the time.  To my delight I have not been able to detect any sign of a power loss to GPS when I am not actively using it.

So while I could be wrong (again!), I would not expect your third wish as bringing you any great benefit.

All the best.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

The team is definitely looking at ways to improve battery saving with NMU.  Keep an eye out for the future changes.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Regular Visitor
bob742

FYI I have just (paid for and) installed GreenPower which switches things off when the sreen is blank and turns them back on when you swipe the lock screen. But there is no manual override and it doesn't control as much as Power Saver mode. I think it is a good model for something you might develop.  Note I was happy to pay for it as the amounts are small and really good battery saving means I don't need to recharge as often.  

Bob 

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Thanks for this.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation