Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sam4u01
Accepted Solution

NMU storage size increasing rapidly

Hi, I'm Praveen and i'm a fan of norton products. My question is 'while installing NMU it is just 660KB file, after few weeks its storage size increased to 58MB which is approx 25% of my total phone storage size of 250MB. Now i'm running out of storage space. Is there any other way to reduce the storage space of norton? Now I have only 12MB of storage space left in my phone memory. Please help.. My phone configuration- Xperia X10 Mini Android 2.1.1 Internal storage 250MB Thanks, Praveen

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

Re: NMU storage size increasing rapidly

Hi, Praveen, and welcome to our community!

It appears that your phone does support an SD card, so you might want to get one (if you don't have one already); this would give you plenty of new space to work with. Your version of Android is recent enough that you should be able to move many of your apps to run from the SD card, freeing up space in your phone's internal storage.

To do this, choose Settings==>Applications==>Manage Applications

Then go down through the list, selecting each of the larger ones, and if an option shows to Move to SD Card, choose it. If you can do this with several of your bigger apps, you should find yourself with much more room to work with on your phone storage itself!

Give this a try, and please let us know how it works out!

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Sam,

This sounds like an issue that we have fixed in the next release. We are going to be updating NMU very soon and that will resolve the problem for you. In the meantime you may want to uninstall and reinstall to clear up some of that cache.
Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Visitor
sam4u01

@DistEd2 Thanks for the reply..  I couldn't transfer the NMU app from my phone memory to SD card, because my version of android is not supported by this feature, i believe which is applicable for 2.2 and above. 

@Erik Thanks Erik, Nice to see a fix here. i'm waiting for it, i though i might lose the application because of this issue. meanwhile i will reinstall the app.

Thanks again and Kudos to both for the valid solutions.

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Praveen, but you're right--that feature didn't arrive til Froyo...which, since you did clearly state that you were on 2.1.1 in your original post, means that my suggestion was not valid. :smileysad: Sorry--you may strip me of my Kudo at your discretion! LOL