11-11-2011 04:57 PM - last edited on 11-16-2011 10:59 AM by Dave_Coleman
As seen below there has been no success with a backup since subscribing to Norton Online Backup.
|Backup failed (A2222)||11/11/2011 06:28:21 PM||930||1.96 GB|
|Backup failed (A2222)||11/11/2011 03:18:05 PM||929||1.96 GB|
|Storage calculation completed successfully||11/11/2011 03:15:12 PM||929||1.96 GB|
|Backup failed (A2222)||11/11/2011 10:14:23 AM||13,846||6.91 GB|
|Backup cancelled||11/11/2011 10:01:35 AM||0||0 bytes|
|Backup failed (A2222)||11/10/2011 08:12:53 PM||13,831||6.91 GB|
|Storage calculation completed successfully||11/10/2011 08:10:32 PM||13,830||6.91 GB|
I selected Norton Online Backup as a replacement for iBackup which I subscribed to for three years. iBackup was simple to setup, run backups and I had no problems with the speed of the backup, the internet or execution on the my Windows 7 enviornment using TWC as my internet provider.
With ibackup I managed up to 10gb of data. So far with the Norton open I am unable to backup 1.6gb much less the 6.91gb I've requested.
I do not see other than an error message of A2222 for any clear and understandable reason for my backup not to work.
I'm looking for either direction to have this product work or a refund of the money I spent and will move to an another offering.
Any help would be appreciated so for clarity sake
Set parameters so PC does not go asleep
Latest backup was only a list of contacts and ensured Outloolk was not active so there would be no conflict
Network speed is not an issue as backup has occured via ibackup in a timely manner.
Ibackup was unintalled prior to Norton Online backup was installed and is not in conlict.
Installed Norton Online Backup and when it did not work, deinstalled and reinstalled.
11-12-2011 03:16 PM
I purchased & installed Online Backup on two computers on 11/12/2011. Both computers are also getting the A2222 Backup Failure error. I've wasted several hours trying to make this work. The online help & support appears completely useless...
11-15-2011 11:17 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem. Error messages include (A2222) and (A2211). Just bought the product and cannot use it. Hoping for some guidance to make it work.
11-16-2011 08:15 AM
I agree I had the same issues, Norton has to re-design its software and the way it works. This misconstructed program is creating difficulties to everyone the users and the technical support in India that has to deal with this misadventure.
My advice to you is to contact live support by phone so that they can help you from your own computer. Keep in mind the following:
1. They are going to re-install the program, and short after they are going to back up your favorites, after this task which is usually successful they are going to hang up. But your problem is going to continue.
2. Request from the get go the senior supervisor to take care of you, do not accept the regular support team as they do not have all the scripts available. for example they do not know how to nadle some errors like A2277 W1 and others.
3. Request this supervisor write down their names, and request to be called back on your cell phone etc.
4. KEEP IN MIND THAT THE REGULAR PERSON THAT WILL BE ANSWERING YOUR PHONE CALL WANTS TO GET RID OF YOU BECAUSE HE OR SHE DOES NOT KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER. this is why you need to request a SENIOR SENIOR PERSON that can figure out your problem.
5. Do not offer them to get your money back because they will want to do that to get rid of you.
Hope this helps
11-21-2011 11:01 AM
Please see my post on this thread for details on this issue. The root issue is confirmed as resolved. Unfortunately the dates you listed were while there was that issue going on but if you run it now you should be fine. If you're still seeing it please contact Support directly at https://www.norton.com/chat or let me know.