Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Glasspack
Accepted Solution

Online Back Up purchased but never recived

Hello,

I purchased online back up on 12/11/11 and received an initial confirmation email.  I have been waiting for th esecond confirm and have been looking at my account but have yet to be told that it is aactivated and how to set it up.  I have sent 2 prior emails over the last 2 weeks but have not heard anything in return.  Is there a valid email or person I can contact to get this taken care of?

Thanks

Symantec Employee
wwelty

Re: Online Back Up purchased but never received

Hello

You shouldn't have had to wait for any activation email. The initial purchase message should have contained the key needed to get it setup. Go to http://www.mynortonaccount.com and login there. It will show you all the products you've purchased. Inside there will be your Norton Online Backup information you need. 

Once you have the product key assigned to you go to http://nobu.backup.com and click on the link that says sign up now directly below the login. On the next page click on Activate. It will ask you to login to your Norton account again and should then prompt you for the product key you grabbed earlier.

If you have issues you can head to https://www.norton.com/chat and have an agent walk through the process with you. 

Wesley Welty
Technical Support Manager
www.symantec.com
Visitor
Glasspack

I have pasted the message from the initial email below. No key was provided unless the order number is also the key.  I have logged into my account and do not see this product.

Thanks

Thank you for your order.

Your Norton purchase is being processed and will be completed within approximately 4-8 hours. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is complete.

We are having a technical difficulty with processing your order. We will notify you by email when your order has been processed.

Thank you for choosing Norton.

Visitor
Glasspack

Any update from my correspondence on 1/4/12?  Unfortunately I cannot access the chat function from work.  This process has now been running for over a month.  I simply want to find out what became of my purchase.

Symantec Employee
wwelty

Hello Glasspack,

If its not showing in either location you definitely need to speak with support. This link will give you all support options. Scroll below the chat and you'll see the option to call. There isn't much we can do via the forums though since it requires providing info that shouldn't be posted publicly.

Wesley Welty
www.symantec.com
Visitor
Glasspack

Thanks,

I will try yo chat / call in the next day or so.

Symantec Employee
wwelty

Hello Glasspack

Your request is completed. If all looks good please mark this thread as solved.

Wesley Welty
www.symantec.com
hotet54321

thank you